Aa
A
A
Close

Diabetes - Type 1 Community

This patient support community is for questions related to juvenile diabetes including Celiac disease, depression, diabetic complications, hyperglycemia / diabetic keto-acidosis, hypoglycemia, islet cell transplantation, nutrition, parenting a diabetic child, pregnancy, pump therapy, school issues, and teens with diabetes.

81 - 100 (of 4418) questions
NEWEST
ACTIVE
Page 1 of 269 for: I'm taking 32-40 units of lantus a day. My A1C is 6.7. Why would I be given a pill instead of short acting insulin if the lantus has proven to work so well? ive tried numerous pills for diabetes over the past 20 years...
CallowayGal | Last answer
Can someone tell me what a normal glucose level for a child is? For example a child has a small bowl of cereal and then is tested within an hour of that meal. This would be after having nothing else for the prior 12 or more hours. The ...
iowamom49 | Last answer
hi i wonders if any one administer the painless syrnges. i am worried if someone have proked or injected contaiminated syringe to me. i went to meet a guy i m not in good terms when i move forward my hand he grabbed lower part if my arm...
1kkk1 | Last answer
hello sir My Glucose fasting (F) Plasma is 99.00 mg/dl and After Meal 2 hour p p sugar leval is 176.00mg/dl so sir please sugges me Aim i diabaties???? how can i do???/
fill123 | Last answer
My 9 year old son was diagnosed nearly 1 year ago with Type 1 diabetes. About 1 month after the onset he started getting daily headaches. They are very localized (right temple. His pediatrician ordered an MRI which was normal (THANK ...
Laura1109 | Last answer
Hello, Today I urinated 13 times. I'm drinking my normal water intake. I've been having a boat load of issues.My stomach issues started two weeks ago and is still going. If I had diabetes would it show up on CBC TEST? My CBC was normal,...
day123 | Last answer
Can you tell me about diabetic coma and how long it usually takes for death to occur once this happens?
passe7 | Last answer
I'm 11 and have type 1 diabetes i found out about 2 months ago
badassstuntman9 | Last answer
I am 20 years old and have had type 1 diabetes for 15 years. My latest a1c was 7.1. I have always been pretty on top of the diabetes care, but it's hard to be perfect especially during the hormonal early teenage years. About two years ...
kay_smith | Last answer
I suffer from chronic pain in my ankles , I have Diabetes, friends told me that is should have an evoked potential test, is anyone had this test? I will be happy to get some more info – like this link http://www.medoc-web.com/applicati...
tom25700 | Posted
Does anyone have any research or have any personal experiences with gaining weight while on Lantus?
YasmineW | Last answer
13126824_tn?1428656069
I have to wake up and go downstairs and walk, due to cramps in my toes, where they curl upward and cramps on the top of my foot. Does this have anything to do with medication? I take Zoloft and Abilify for bipolar disorder. My sugar l...
Treeney0228 | Last answer
I was wondering if anyone knew what that "tight" feeling is that occurs in your muscles when your blood sugar is high? (It kind of feels like lactic acid.) Thanks
bethfortyone | Last answer
13631448_tn?1430816709
I'm a 15 year old girl , my problems started a while ago when I started feeling dizzy for few times a day, and it never stopsed, sometimes its so hard I need to hold on to something not to fall. in the last few weeks its even worse, my h...
selma_j | Last answer
Hi there, I'm a student and often go to parties. I always keep a tight eye in my bloods when i'm out. However I would like to share my experience with other types 1s as I'm still a bit shocked as to what happened at the weekend. M...
AberdeenT1Student | Last answer
Anyone out here trialed Afrezza yet? If so how did it go? Love it? Hate it?
FionaIsALyon | Posted
Son, 22 just diagnosed with type 1 five days ago. Taking long term 30 units in the morning and fast acting 6, 10, 12 units at meals respectively. Numbers fluctuating between 300 and one time yesterday it even went as low as 56. He is get...
robbiecriss | Last answer
Any suggestions on how to get more organized with my type 1 diabetes?
Snake216 | Last answer
Should I get an omnipod? I was diagnosed five months ago, and I just wanted a few people to explain if a pump is a good idea. Thanks. Just wondering
KirstenBolmonn | Last answer
I wear an insulin pump and ive not been anything lower than 280s and up to 500s for the past days. i took a shot and gave myself insulin from my pump. Im pretty sure i have an sti do you think that is why my blood sugars are not going down?
froggie69 | Last answer
A
A
Blank
Diabetes Tracker
Track glucose levels, and other diabetes measurements, symptoms and medications
Start Tracking Now
Blank
FoodDiary Tracker
Track Your Daily Carbs and Overall Diet
Start Tracking Now
Recent Activity