Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

diabetes symptoms

I have recently been feeling very ill, suffering from bouts of dizziness, headaches and nausea.  There is a large case of diabetes in my family.  My dad and aunties and uncles all have diabetes.  Could this be a sign that I may have it also with the symptoms I have been getting?
2 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Hello!  I'm not a medical professional, just the parent of a kid with diabetes.  With having the family history that you do, it would be prudent of you to do periodic checks for high blood sugars, particularly when you have symptoms.  If anyone in your family has a blood glucose meter, and they likely do, ask them if you can test yourself.
Helpful - 0
yes, babe, those could definitely be symptoms of diabetes.  but they could also be lots of other things.  whatever they are, you should take them seriously and get to your doctor right away.  he or she can run some simple blood tests and tell you what's going on.  don't put yourself through feeling so badly when there may be a really easy fix.  good luck!!
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Diabetes - Type 1 Community

Top Diabetes Answerers
231441 tn?1333892766
Manila, Philippines
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Here are three summertime recipes that will satisfy your hunger without wreaking havoc on your blood sugar.
If you have prediabetes, type 2 diabetes isn’t inevitable. Find out how you can stop diabetes before it starts.
Diabetes-friendly recipes and tips for your game day party.
Are there grounds to recommend coffee consumption? Recent studies perk interest.
Simple ways to keep your blood sugar in check.
8 blood sugar-safe eats.