Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close
213708 tn?1189755818

IN NEED OF HELP BAD!!!

I AM A TYPE 1 DIABETIC AND I HAVE A BIT ON MY FACE WHICH HAS TURNED INTO STAPH INFECTION.I HAVE GONR TO THR DR.AND THEY HAVE OPENED IT UP BUT MY PROBLEM IS IT HAS BEEN GOING ON NOW 3 WEEKS AND IT IS NOT GETTING ANY BETTER AND MY BLOOD SUGARS HAVE BEEN IN THE SIX HUNDREDS. FEELVERY VERY SICK AND MY DR. WILL NOT IMITE ME TO THE HOSPITAL WHAT SHOULD I DO. I ALSO HAVE BEEN ON ANTIBOTICS FOR ALMOST 3WEEKS AS WELL PLEASE HELP WITH WHAT I SHOULD DO!
3 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
218468 tn?1189755820
I wish you the best of luck yes you need to find another doctor
Helpful - 0
I agree with the previous answer to this question. Blood sugars this high are dangerous over a period of time. Go to the emergency room and ask for a different doctor. Staph can be a very dangerous infection, and some are resistant to antibiotics. Time to probably change antibiotics and get some help lowering those glucose levels.
Helpful - 0
I am not a physician, but the mom of a type one diabetic.   I can say that if you are not happy with the care your doctor is giving you, I would suggest you get a second or third opinion.  

I suggest for several reasons the high blood sugars and the scarring that the infection can leave you with.  I f you are really not feeling well go to the emergency room and tell them you want a different doctor.
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Diabetes - Type 1 Community

Top Diabetes Answerers
231441 tn?1333892766
Manila, Philippines
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Here are three summertime recipes that will satisfy your hunger without wreaking havoc on your blood sugar.
If you have prediabetes, type 2 diabetes isn’t inevitable. Find out how you can stop diabetes before it starts.
Diabetes-friendly recipes and tips for your game day party.
Are there grounds to recommend coffee consumption? Recent studies perk interest.
Simple ways to keep your blood sugar in check.
8 blood sugar-safe eats.