Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Endo in Boston - and a bit of rant.

Does anyone know of an endo that actually is a diabetic in the Boston area?

I honestly feel no doctor can succssfully treat type I diabetes that also hasn't experienced the ups and downs (glucose levels and otherwise) that accompany the disease.

ALSO

Outside of my google sessions do any TI's know of any forums that aren't filled with "im not an expert but my child is diabetic"'s and one time xyz happend, because i can gaurantee your son or daughter will have at least a dozen stories they have never shared with anyone that you never knew about surrounding lows or highs that themselves or there friends helped them through.

j
3 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
I am a dabetic and have been for years...All I can tell u is a bit of advice on the endos in Boston...You are living in the right city for the best in Diabetes care.  The Joslin Diabetes Clinic in Boston is #1 on alot of peoples books...I know that the care and advice that I have received there has been the utmost...All I can do is recommend but if u want to feel like ur in good hands...give them a call....
Helpful - 0
Hi,

I have been a type 1 for 34 years.  I come to this site and several others .

Some of the other sites I go to are:

Diabetes healing well .com

And

Dr. Bernstein's Diabetes forum

I have found help and good advice at this site as well as the 2  I mentioned.

The 2 sites I mentioned seem to be run by diabetics or have diabetics as moderators, all 3 sites will give you some advice you can live with, but as with all free advice, sometimes it is worth what you pay for it.

Bob
Helpful - 0
I am a long-time type 1 diabetic (37 years) and I understand your frustration. I happen to have an identical twin who is also a type 1 diabetic, and it has helped me through the years to share experiences with her. I do have some suggestions for you, based on what your questions appear to be:

1. Recommendation of a Boston area endo
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Diabetes - Type 1 Community

Top Diabetes Answerers
231441 tn?1333892766
Manila, Philippines
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Here are three summertime recipes that will satisfy your hunger without wreaking havoc on your blood sugar.
If you have prediabetes, type 2 diabetes isn’t inevitable. Find out how you can stop diabetes before it starts.
Diabetes-friendly recipes and tips for your game day party.
Are there grounds to recommend coffee consumption? Recent studies perk interest.
Simple ways to keep your blood sugar in check.
8 blood sugar-safe eats.