Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Constant Thirst

I have a three year old son, who is constantly thirsty.  He has been suffering for about 8 months, with frequent headaches, constant thirst and nose bleeds.  At least three to four days out of the week.  His peditrician checked him for diabetes about six months ago.  As a parent, I am very concerned it is possibly something more and the condition is being overlooked.  What could all of this mean?
2 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
get another doctor's opinion...please do not wait
Helpful - 0
I am a volunteer and a mom of a type one diabetic. I would suggest that if your son a has several of the symptoms below have him tested again for diabetes.  If your doctor refuses go to another pediatrician.  This is your daughter health. If the doctor cannot figure it out me would suggest getting a second opinion.

Knowing the warning signs for type 1 diabetes (juvenile diabetes) could save a child's life.

Warning signs of type 1 diabetes (these may occur suddenly):
Extreme thirst
Frequent urination
Sudden vision changes
Sugar in urine
Fruity, sweet, or wine-like odor on breath
Increased appetite
Sudden weight loss
Drowsiness, lethargy
Heavy, labored breathing
Stupor, unconsciousness

If your child exhibits one or more of these symptoms, call a doctor immediately
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Diabetes - Type 1 Community

Top Diabetes Answerers
231441 tn?1333892766
Manila, Philippines
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Here are three summertime recipes that will satisfy your hunger without wreaking havoc on your blood sugar.
If you have prediabetes, type 2 diabetes isn’t inevitable. Find out how you can stop diabetes before it starts.
Diabetes-friendly recipes and tips for your game day party.
Are there grounds to recommend coffee consumption? Recent studies perk interest.
Simple ways to keep your blood sugar in check.
8 blood sugar-safe eats.