Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Maryjane bad?

What can Marjuana do to a 16 year type one diabetic?
2 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Being "high" could delay you realization that you are having a diabetic attack(IE: low blood sugars) and if you are not used to low blood sugars, you may not realize them till they are too late.

But also the urge to eat is also another problem, you may eat and eat, but with the "dry mouth (cotton mouth)" you may feel the urge to eat more, thus increasing you'r blood sugars to a very high amount.

Be carfull is all I can say. =)
Helpful - 0
Impair your judgement, meaning you might not realize you are having a low blood sugar or you might forget if you gave your shot or tested your blood sugar.  All of those things are very important to maintaining your health.  I am not trying to sound preachy, but anything mind altering can make you prone to bad choices and as diabetics we don't have much room for bad choices.  Not to mention how bad it is for your lungs, which is bad for your cirulation, which as diabetics we have to be careful of all those things because they can lead to complications later on in life.  Do I sound like a broken record!  Please just be very careful whatever you do--maybe others have some other advice for you too.
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Diabetes - Type 1 Community

Top Diabetes Answerers
231441 tn?1333892766
Manila, Philippines
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Here are three summertime recipes that will satisfy your hunger without wreaking havoc on your blood sugar.
If you have prediabetes, type 2 diabetes isn’t inevitable. Find out how you can stop diabetes before it starts.
Diabetes-friendly recipes and tips for your game day party.
Are there grounds to recommend coffee consumption? Recent studies perk interest.
Simple ways to keep your blood sugar in check.
8 blood sugar-safe eats.