Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Is there a good army I can join?

I want to join an army.  The U.S. is not worthy of me nor the U.K. So does anyone know of a military (not insurgents or gurrilas) that accepts type ones as a combatant.  I already know the IDF accepts them but I am not jewish.
2 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Does any other country accept type 1s as foreign nationals?
The U.K. doesn't and neither does the U.S., so does the French Foreign Legion accept us?
Does China?
Does Spain?
Does Canada?
Does Italy?
Does Grece?

COMBATANT not a "desk rider".
Helpful - 0
I found a question I and some other volunteers answered in the archives, maybe it could help you.  I was wondering if you might be frustrated at the moment because of your diabetes and the restrictions and limitations we sometimes encounter.  Here is the gist of it:

I have a friend who was in the army and I called her for some advice. Did you look on their website? Or did you go and visit(a base)--that might be a good idea--then you could talk to people and get some answers.

Secondly she told me that there are many people who get denied entry to the army because anyone who needs to take medication that they cannot live without cannot join the armed forces, for example anyone with a seizure disorder would be denied or a thyroid condition.

Thirdly, she told me that Civil Servants do make a lot of money--somthing to think about

Then their was a suggestion about CAP--

CAP stands for Civil Air Patrol, and it appears from his comment that his friend seems to think that this organization may allow him to work for them. He was not clear about whether he wanted to be a pilot or whether he wants to do crew work, but this may be a way for him to do something with planes as a civilian. Perhaps he will re-surface and elaborate. Civil Air Patrol as a background will not, however, change the health restrictions of the Air Force. I am the wife of an Air Force professional, and know that health issues like this that require medication for survival will indeed prevent them from allowing him to join. It is partly because of the risk to that person if sent to a location or put in a situation where the medication is NOT available, and partly due to strictly financial issues -- active duty military are guaranteed health care for life, and no military organization can afford to bring in people that they know already have conditions that will require costly medications and treatment for the rest of their lives. There just is not room in the tight budget for that.
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Diabetes - Type 1 Community

Top Diabetes Answerers
231441 tn?1333892766
Manila, Philippines
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Here are three summertime recipes that will satisfy your hunger without wreaking havoc on your blood sugar.
If you have prediabetes, type 2 diabetes isn’t inevitable. Find out how you can stop diabetes before it starts.
Diabetes-friendly recipes and tips for your game day party.
Are there grounds to recommend coffee consumption? Recent studies perk interest.
Simple ways to keep your blood sugar in check.
8 blood sugar-safe eats.