Aa
A
A
Close

Diabetes Forum

Questions in the Diabetes forum are answered by medical professionals. Topics covered include Type 2 Diabetes, blood glucose monitoring, diabetes and heart disease, diabetes and pneumonia, diabetes and pregnancy, diabetes and vision problems, diabetes and wound healing, diabetic complications, hyperglycemia, hypoglycemia, and insulin.

101 - 120 (of 872) questions
NEWEST
ACTIVE
my question is that do i have to use insulin later on my pregnancy....im six weeks now and im using metformin... my internal medicine doc told that it was ok to use metformin if my sugar levels are ok...but my gynycologist told that eve...
  Posted
5813135 tn?1374721852
I am a 93 y.o. white female recently diagnosed with DM II approx 5 yrs ago. Unbeknownst to be, I've had Peripheral Neuropathy for a longer period of time. Secondary to the peripheral neuropathy, I have been experiencing what I think ar...
  Posted
my son is ten yrs old and weighs 162 today he tested high for tsh ,sgot,sgpt,and lymph please tell me how serious it is and what it means please
  Posted
I have been diagnosed with type 2. I have also been diagnosed with polyneuropathy and am currently taking the gabapentin and metformin. My doc said that my blood sugar level should be between 70 and 100 and I am taking insulin to keep ...
  Posted
If having diabetes during the,first pregnancy happened would or could it b worse during a second pregnancy
  Posted
I have type 2 diabetes but I don't have to take medicine because I work very hard to keep it under control. I watch my diet and exercise quite a bit. My last A1C was 5.7 but I am having a problem that started this morning. When I got ...
  Posted
I am 12 yrs now a diabetic my treatment is oral (solosamet and trajenta) my B/G is 126ml/g and am now experiencing fatty liver for almost a year Without medication. I am 60 yrs old. Is my fatty liver caused by my medication?
  Posted
Hello I'm new here. When I'm in a panic, I get really wordy and I then to ramble on, so bear with me, please. I'll keep it short. Years of drinking fizzy drinks, sometimes downing 2 litre bottled drinks in one sitting have finally cau...
  Posted
Over the past weekend, I went on vacation and made several bad decisions back to back which in return, spiked my glucose to 215. Keep in mind that the first and last time I saw that number was when I was diagnosed a couple of years ago. ...
  Posted
Wat is the feedback about 2 in 1smart glucometer
  Posted
Just got the results from my Doctor and it was 120. How can I get it down before I have to see him in a couple weeks.
  Posted
I was told that one started out on a pill to control b/g, then switched to insulin for over 40 years. She said she did fine all those years on the insulin, but was told that 42 years is to long to be on insulin (she's type 2?) so now she...
  Posted
I have recently been diagnosed with borderline gestational diabetes. What are the normal levels of a pregnant women I should be looking for when I test. I'm 22 Weeks pregnant, and already have an extremely high risk pregnancy. This is m...
  Posted
862235 tn?1336063895
My fasting blood sugar came back at 6.8. I am a 61 year old male, 5'-11" tall and weigh 206 pounds. Am I at risk for developing diabetes
  Posted
2100308 tn?1388500439
I have just been diagnosed w/ GD at 29 weeks pregnant. Any ideas or suggestions as to meals, snacks etc?? Thank you.
  Posted
I have diabeties in my family and I have the opposite.....the last few weeks I got a left sided brain fog.... And I had a urinary tract infection and then I had a slight kidney stone.... Since the brain fog I have not felt thirsty before...
  Posted
1727909 tn?1314848810
My fasting level is 115 consistently. 2 hrs after ; heavy carbs-170 fruit smoothie 65 healthy meal 68 bakery item 120 I lost 7 pounds, and lowered my high B/P to normal. AND stopped snoring. Why is my blood sugar still crazy? Wh...
  Posted
What kind of treatment can i use ?
  Posted
What is the best time to check blood sugar? I normally try to check mine right before I eat breakfast (around 7:00) and it is relatively high (this week, it stayed in the 180 range). I am getting mixed information. I was told on many occ...
  Posted
Does anyone have any advice on how to keep or get my morning fasting numbers down? I've been drinking the Organic "mother" Apple Cider vinegar and having a piece of cheese before bedtime and drink Ceylon cinnamon with my coffee every day...
  Posted
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
233488 tn?1310696703
Blank
Marathon Running Done Over Many Yea...
May 21 by John C Hagan III, MD, FACS, FAAOBlank