Aa
A
A
Close

Digestive Disorders / Gastroenterology Forum

This is a place to ask questions about digestive problems and receive a personal answer from a highly qualified doctor. You will also find support from other members who share your interest in digestive disorders. Digestive Disorders include: Anal and Rectal problems, Barrett’s Esophagus, Bleeding in the Stomach and Digestive Tract, Constipation, Crohn’s Disease, Gastritis, GERD, Heartburn, Proctitis, Short Bowel Syndrome, Ulcers, Whipple’s Disease, Zollinger-Ellison Syndrome (and many more).

1 - 20 (of 17038) questions
NEWEST
ACTIVE
My wife had her gallbladder removed approx. 10 months ago after family phys. found gallbladder function at 15%. 3 days after the lap. surgery she was admitted into a local ICU for severe right side upper area pain, which has been there...
warb | Last answer
On Fri Aug 3rd I noticed blood in my stool and in the water. I have ever since I noticed blood in my stool been constipated. I went to the hospital last night Aug 7-8 and they did a rectal exam by sticking fingers up my rectum and said t...
chriss021582 | Last answer
I've been diagnosed with the gallbladder diskinezia, my gallbladder is contracting only 18%. My doctor whant to remove it. Is there any other treatment available?
Peter Bator | Last answer
I am a 40 year old female that has recently been diagnosed as mildly anemic. I have very light periods and don't think the anemia is due to menstruation. My hemotcrit(sp?) is 34 and was 36 last year and 38 the year before. I have a ...
ail333 | Last answer
I'm 62, male and aside from my blocked bile duct problem, in good health except that I have hemangiomas in my liver. After a gallbladder (GB) attack I had my GB out in 1998 but the stomach pain resumed shortly thereafter. The GB di...
Natalino | Last answer
Ok, maybe someone can give me a little insight into what to look for. I have had pain under might right ribs extending into my back at times for three weeks. A little stomach upset, but only mild - no vomiting - a little loose stool whi...
Greg C | Last answer
Posted By Lynn on January 09, 1999 at 11:09:22: In Reply to: Pain under rib cage posted by Lynn on January 09, 1999 at 07:58:18: Hello, My Mom is age 55, is good health except for ashma (Spelling) For a few months now, s...
Lyn__0__0 | Last answer
My 15 year son weighs 95lbs and is 5'1". I originally took him in because he was not growing. Subsequent testing including CBCs endoscope and barium swallow indicated severe esophagus constricture and eo count (over 45%). Tissue ...
Nancy-Hertig | Last answer
I am a 69 year old male. One year ago an ultrsound revealed mulitple small gallbladder polyps. A new ultrasound has just showed only a single small gallbladder polyp according to the reading. My surgeon who advises gallbladder removal qu...
terry0116 | Last answer
I'm a 37 year old moderate drinker (~2 drinks per day 3 days per week) but I binge drank during my 20's (1-2 times per week). History of family alcoholism. I have autoimmune issues (psoriasis) and i had ITP (idiopathic thrombocytic purpu...
privacy1 | Last answer
Several weeks ago I had a non-contrast CT to check on a recurrent hernia. I went to see surgeon and he said the CT showed "spots on the liver". I am a nurse and this totally freaked me out. I then asked my doc for lab work and the result...
bbmax | Last answer
My stool is sometimes 2 different shades of brown. For instance, it will be light to medium brown with darker brown in different areas. Is this something bad? Thank you for your advice.
mcarva | Last answer
I'm a sixtish male with a history of mitral prolapse/systolic functional murmur, PVCs and PACs. I take very low dose Atenolol. I was told that I have mild acid reflux, but decided to restrict diet rather than take a prescription for that...
petestrand | Last answer
Posted By HFHSM.D.-rf on May 02, 1998 at 15:30:28: In Reply to: Excessive bowel movements posted by Jason on April 29, 1998 at 19:47:19: I am a 23 year old male in fairly good health. It was recently discovered that I ha...
HFHSM.D.-rf | Last answer
Hello, I am a 28 year old male. I do not smoke or drink. I exercise intensely every day and eat healthy. In general I feel fine. I do not have abdominal pain and my stools/urine are normal colors. I did a comp m...
Anyjoe123 | Last answer
I am 29 and had a lap band removed but it had eroded into my stomach making a hole. My doc didnt see the hole when he went to take the lap band out but about three days later I turned really sick and he did emergency surg and found the h...
pmoni25 | Last answer
I had my gallbladder removed over ten years ago due to "attacks" I had involving pain in my right upper abdomen area with the pain moving around to my back creating an extremely painful/suffocating feeling. I have excruiating pain and lo...
grrace | Last answer
Hi, I am a 34 year old female. 8 weeks ago I had the Hiatal Hernia Repair (Nissen Lapro). The first few weeks went okay because I was eating soft food and liquids. Once I started eating solid foods I began hurting in my side and back and...
galpal | Last answer
17568_tn?1424977159
Dear Sir/Madam: I am 39 years of age. All my life my stools have been very infrequent. I was assessed at the Toronto hospital as having a motility problem, for lack of better words it was stated a major motor gut dysfunction. Anywa...
Cindy | Last answer
Posted By Donna on September 05, 1998 at 22:36:34: Not sure right place?? Yes, I just need some feedback, already went to the doctor, just still wondering what is wrong. I went to work yesterday with pain in the stomach a...
Dona__0__0 | Last answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now