Aa
A
A
Close

Digestive Disorders / Gastroenterology Forum

This is a place to ask questions about digestive problems and receive a personal answer from a highly qualified doctor. You will also find support from other members who share your interest in digestive disorders. Digestive Disorders include: Anal and Rectal problems, Barrett’s Esophagus, Bleeding in the Stomach and Digestive Tract, Constipation, Crohn’s Disease, Gastritis, GERD, Heartburn, Proctitis, Short Bowel Syndrome, Ulcers, Whipple’s Disease, Zollinger-Ellison Syndrome (and many more).

61 - 80 (of 17038) questions
NEWEST
ACTIVE
I have pain in the area under and below my right rib cage. It also hurts in the back area under the sholder blade tips and radiates downward. I am nauseated and fatigued. This has been going on for approximately 2 months. The only meds I...
  Posted
Hello. I am a 29 year old female (I'll be 30 in a week). This past fall, I had some light rectal bleeding. It would only occur after a stool and usually only appeared on the toilet paper (it was bright red). It was never heavy enough to ...
  Posted
About a year ago I became ill. After tests (most were borderline) my doc decided to remove my gallbladder anyway. After the surgery symptoms were lessened but persisted. I ended up having an endoscopy which showed nothing unusual except ...
  Posted
Hi, and thank you for taking the time to answer my questions. Actually, I am posting for my fiance. He is 48 and weighs about 175, he is 6'2". Sedintary life style, high fat low fiber. Recently, he discovered a slightly larger than a pe...
  Posted
MY SISTER WAS RECENTLY DIAGNOSED WITH THE ABOVE DISEASE AND HAD A PROCEDURE DONE TO CORRECT IT. I AM NOW EXPERIENCING SOME OF THE SYMPTOMS SHE HAD. I AM UNABLE TO FIND ANY INFORMATION CONCERNING THE DISEASE, IT'S SYMPTOMS, IF IT IS HER...
  Posted
I'm a 34 year old male, 180 pounds, athletic, workout moderately several times a week with a history of minor bowel problems (IBS) on and off for the past 10 years or so. About a year ago I experienced a significant feeling of pressure ...
  Posted
8703470 tn?1399414636
PLEASE SOMEONE READ THIS. Basicaly im a complex case, I will let you know about my background a bit first, im allergic to all anti biotics and nearly all painkillers except pethidine and paracetmol , ii have 16 operations for recurrent p...
  Posted
EW1
Last fall I was hospitalized for nine days for what was found to be ischemic colitis. I had been having attacks about every month to six weeks until the last one which was severe. Also had very high white count when admitted to the hospi...
  Posted
I am a 27 year-old male, 6'0", 250 lbs. For the last 3-4 years, I have had periods where I felt fatigued, malaise, and generally under the weather. These would last 2-3 months, and then go away for up to a year. I have been to numerous d...
  Posted
Dear Doc, i had my annual health check mid march and among a CT and Ultrasound of abdomen a details blood work. Actually all blood work came back fine despite some elevated Cholesterol. But i was surprised i got the note i have a 1...
  Posted
I recently had a physical and all my lab tests came back normal BILIRUBIN .03, SGOT 29, SGPT 24 Cholesterol 145 the ratio was 2.3 one of the lowest risk factors. However, my Liver GGT level came back 155. I'm a 42-year-old male 6'1'' 19...
  Posted
For the past 2 months I have had bouts with vague constant left sided abdominal pain. I am 30 years old, with no significant medical hx and no hx of abdominal pain. About 2 months ago I started having left sided abdominal pain - at first...
  Posted
I had my gallbladder removed almost a year ago. I've seen comments posted about this in the forum, but no real answer or explanation as to why it happens. Luckily, I suffered no pain after the surgery; I recovered well and I am VERY HA...
  Posted
I am currently seeing a GI doctor to try to figure out what is causing my right upper quadrant pain and pressure. I'm a 30 yr.old healthy female that has had RUQ pain and pressure off and on for the past 3 years. About 3 weeks ago, I h...
  Posted
I AM UNABLE TO EAT BLAND OR OTHER FOODS WITHOUT A STABBING PAIN IN MY UPPER LEFT BACK (BREAST LEVEL). THE PAIN RADIATES FROM UNDER THE LEFT BREAST THRU TO THE BACK. IT HAPPENS ALMOST IMMEDIATELY AFTER EATING. IT FEELS LIKE A KNIFE STA...
  Posted
Could you share your experience with using DGL ? I am going to try again and hope to heal. I am using DGL By Natural Factors and it suggests 1 tablet 3 x daily 20 minutes before meals. The tablets are 400 mg. each. Dr. Murray had sugge...
  Posted
Hello. I am a 45 male. Fit -run 5miles 3-4 days/wk. Weight: 90kg. Heart rate, rested, approx 50ppm. Have drunk regularly for many years. Beer, wine, spitits. Never in the morning, always after lunch or evenings. For several years now I d...
  Posted
I have been having discomfort in my stomach area, especially the right side, and back ache that moves up and down, since January. I have had ultra sound, upper GI, Endoscopy, CT scan, MRI, MRCP. Hida Scan, back xrays, and all the lab wor...
  Posted
My daughter in law's mother was told her liver is cloudy and the hospital plans to do a liver biopsy to rule out liver cancer. Could this be a possibility?
  Posted
I am 47 years old - male. Non smoker - not owerweight. For the last 2 months I have been having a sharp intermittent stabbing pain in the left side. The center of the pain seems to be located to the lower ribs. I am confused as to the re...
  Posted
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
233488 tn?1310696703
Blank
Marathon Running Done Over Many Yea...
May 21 by John C Hagan III, MD, FACS, FAAOBlank