Aa
A
A
Close

Digestive Disorders / Gastroenterology Forum

This is a place to ask questions about digestive problems and receive a personal answer from a highly qualified doctor. You will also find support from other members who share your interest in digestive disorders. Digestive Disorders include: Anal and Rectal problems, Barrett’s Esophagus, Bleeding in the Stomach and Digestive Tract, Constipation, Crohn’s Disease, Gastritis, GERD, Heartburn, Proctitis, Short Bowel Syndrome, Ulcers, Whipple’s Disease, Zollinger-Ellison Syndrome (and many more).

81 - 100 (of 17038) questions
NEWEST
ACTIVE
I have hep c and i was wondering if that can cause you to have a black tongue, if not what can?????
kim | Last answer
Hello Doctor, I need your expert opinion on an encounter I had and whether I was at any risk for Hepatitis C. I am a guy and a man inserted the full length of his fingers (3-4 fingers) inside my anus. He was wearing new gloves and ...
TimothyWong | Last answer
First some background info. I suffer from heart pac's and atrial fibrillation which I believe are triggered by my vagus nerve. I often feel little pulses or spasms in the region above my naval while the pac's are occurring, which seems...
Robb S | Last answer
After suffering for 2 years with what was deemed a recurring urinary tract infection, my father was diagnosed with stage IV bladder cancer and had a radical cystoprostatectomy (his prostate and bladder removed) 3 years ago. They believe...
MeDawn | Last answer
I wrote in last weekend regarding my problem.im getting a ercp sphincterotomy and stent on the 27th of feb.ive been told i am a type 3 pain only!I've been reading on this daily and everthing i read states that i'm in a higher risk than m...
vaio | Last answer
A week and a half ago, I did a hydrogen peroxide enema (apparently ill-advised). Realizing that I could have done damage, I spent the next two to three days drinking aloe and cabbage juice to help repair anything I might have done, sti...
kktiger | Last answer
Hi, I have been diagnosed with Severe Chronic Pancreatitis with Sphincter of Oddi Dysfunction and will be having another ERCP in 1 week. The doctor will be cutting my pancreatic duct, bile duct and oddi sphincter. The doctor says he wil...
TazLady | Last answer
my mom (71 years old) had emergency surgery for a perforated colon on Friday (dec. 5) (4 days ago). She is still in ICU and on the respirator. Her temp is about 100.7 but her lungs are not great. She is making small improvements daily...
elyce | Last answer
My doctor did the upper GI on tuesday...he said I have Gastritis. My question is has anyone else that has Gastritis have chest tightness as well?? The chest tightness makes breathing harder to do. Just curious. Also my doctor said tha...
Goldielocks19 | Last answer
I have had severe bowel problems for ten years. I have been having tingling and numbness in my legs, feet, arms and hands. I was just wondering if Colitis and ileitis could cause any of these problems. I have been to a Neurologist for ...
twingirl | Last answer
For 5 weeks now I've been having recurrent abdominal discomfort. It's a very mild dull pain most of the time. It mostly occurs in the upper right quadrant area (especially in the lowest rib area, with pressure). It also occasionally occu...
mikeca78 | Last answer
I have crohns disease in my rectum. Since july of last year i have had 4 flex sigs and 1 anoscope. The last flex sig was last week. My GI and CRS have made sure my meds are working and my last sig showed dramatic improvement. In octo...
tincup136 | Last answer
Hello... A little embarrassed, but here it goes. 2 days ago I was washing myself near my anus and my finger came across a small bump. I went to my primary care whom identified the small mass as a " classic hemorrhoid ". I do not agre...
random_guy | Last answer
On a recent blood test, my lipase was 499. What does this indicate? I am diabetic.
Didave | Last answer
Can anyone out there tell me what is a way to clean out your colon? I have a daughter who goes days without doing a bowl movement. I've taken her to the doctor and they say x-ray shows colon full. Just drink lots of water, eat plenty o...
momma d | Last answer
I donated blood for the first time last month and was sent a letter advising that my blood was rejected because of elevated ALT. My level was 131 and the max accepted is 120. All of the other tests came back negative only my ALT was in...
Scott | Last answer
Can Nyquil cause dark stools? I had some this morning after taking Nyquil last night. This has not happened to me after taking Nyquil in the past, but I did take it on a rather empty stomach last night.
kurt080808 | Last answer
I have been experiencing what I think is esophageal spasms. Symptoms are excessive spasmodic belching, discomfort in the center to upper chest area, almost like a knot. This becomes most pronounced during periods of stress. I have been ...
MJ | Last answer
6949699_tn?1386479577
I had my gallbladder removed 2 months ago and i'm still having the same symptoms as before. The burning in my stomach isn't as bad though. I can't seem to eat a normal amount of food three times a day. I need to gain at least 6 pounds ba...
mobuckner7192 | Last answer
I've been tAKING COCODOMOL to Selfharm. Go has told me I now have Hepatitis.How dangerous is this??
marn39 | Last answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
Marathon Running Done Over Many Yea...
May 21 by John C Hagan III, MD, FACS, FAAOBlank