Aa
A
A
Close

Down Syndrome Community

This forum is for questions and support regarding Down Syndrome issues such as Dental Problems, Communication Problems, Developmental Disabilities, Hearing Loss, Hypothyroidism, Immune System Problems, Learning Disabilities, Joint Problems, Muscle Weakness, Respiratory Disorders, Seizures, Sleep Apnea, Weight Problems.

21 - 40 (of 362) questions
NEWEST
ACTIVE
12470633_tn?1425471798
Hi. I have a 14-month sister who doctor said has down syndrome. She's been in and out of the hospital for a year now. The problem is always only one (or two depends on how u see it), she has a fever and often vomits... can anyone tell me...
matta19 | Last answer
our son is 14 years old with down syndrom. i don't want to give him medicines. he acts very bad. do all children and adults with down syndrom take medicines?
odeatoledano | Last answer
138725_tn?1278063590
Hi Everyone, just wanted to find out if anyone knows of families who have had more than one child "born to them" with DS. In other words if you already had a child with DS what are the chances of it happening to you again?
Jules_za | Last answer
I am currently 19 weeks pregnant. I was told yesterday that my ultrasound from last week came back showing not one but two soft markers for DS or worse. I have to go for a level two ultrasound. Possibly an amniocentesis. They found cysts...
MandyTee | Last answer
Hi My daughter with DS just turned 17. Recently she suddenly started to put things in her mouth, like coins, bottle caps etc. She was not doing this until a couple of weeks ago. If she finds any long thng (for example. brush handle), sh...
fb261270 | Last answer
1227139_tn?1367231533
Welcome to everyone - new and existing members! If you are new here, please introduce yourself and tell us a bit about why you are here. Please post any questions, concerns, issues and most importantly brags that you have relating to o...
Dragon1973 | Last answer
I had posted this, but I think I put it in the wrong forum...... Our son Adam is 17 years old and was born with Down syndrome. It has always been a battle with behavior with Adam, mostly because of him being an attention response, wheth...
infernomom | Posted
Did anyone have a second baby with Down syndrome I would love another baby but my partner doesn't want to just incase we can't cope but think I would be able to.
Luciee_clarke | Posted
I'm 19and my baby has downs which isn't an issue to me I work in a care home with downs people but they are a lot older is there any tips that will help me raise him better?
Luciee_clarke | Last answer
Hi we just found out that our unborn baby has arsa what is the percentage that he will be born with ds?
excitedhelp | Last answer
what does it means. 47 XY,+21 abnormal male karyotype wit trisomy of 21 chromosome indicating down syndrome ,Arises because of meiotic non disjunction events. regards
naeemwa | Posted
So im pregnant 36 weeks and they found a spot in my little mans heart when he was very young that hasnt gone away they told me thats a sign he will have downs im not worried about it because it will not change how I feel about him but im...
lovinmylilmanadriel | Last answer
I'm 26 wks and i got a 1:161 chance that my baby could have ds. I had another test run... the 21 test. I haven't got my results back yet and Ihave been completely on edge and freaking out about it. Is those chances high? Should i be fre...
jones88 | Last answer
I'm 26 wks and i got a 1:161 chance that my baby could have ds. I had another test run... the 21 test. I haven't got my results back yet and Ihave been completely on edge and freaking out about it. Is those chances high? Should i be fre...
jones88 | Last answer
I am 23 weeks and 4 days pregnant and was told I have a 1:79 chance for my daughter to have it. Can anyone tell me how accurate these tests are and is it genetically transferred?
DallasZaNaiya | Last answer
Hi I got a high risk for ds on my quad. My ratio was 1:23 chances. Im so scares beyond belief. I dont know what to think. I got a verifi blood test done today and will have results by monday. Im just so scared. Isnt that a super high ri...
amickelson | Last answer
7853176_tn?1394754467
Hi,I have a boy (6 y.o) with ds. He's my only one kid, have no sister,brother, neighbour n friend He's a wonderful boy when at home. But he's totally like loose control when at outside (mall, mart,etc) He always yelling, head banging (...
ranie33 | Posted
7826987_tn?1401694641
Hey all. im 12wks with my first baby, my mum recently told me that my aunty (dads sister) had a baby with down syndrome who died as a baby. also my grandads (dads dad) sister had two children with the same disability. What are the chan...
MamaDanielle | Last answer
You don't hear Much of Mosaic DS,but it still exists. I have a Son with MDS. Reading a Few Questions /Forums about behavioural issues All has to do with Attention and Reminding your child the do's and don't everyday. I would like to know...
Seniaguess | Last answer
1554085_tn?1296816980
Please help! Hi there I have a 3 year old son with Down's Syndrome. He is adorable but sometimes his behaviour becomes very difficult to manage. He refuses to eat at the table with the family and if he is left to sit with with us he ...
sarah405 | Last answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Down Syndrome Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
Marathon Running Done Over Many Yea...