Aa
A
A
Close
Blank

Dysautonomia (Autonomic Dysfunction) Community

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Dysautonomia (Autonomic Dysfunction) including: Postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), neurocardiogenic syncope, mitral valve prolapse dysautonomia, pure autonomic failure, autonomic instability and others.

1 - 20 (of 1824) questions
NEWEST
ACTIVE
I have another question. Do any of you have trouble with gaining weight or not being able to lose it. I have gained about 15 lbs in the past 6 months and can't seem to lose but a few lbs and then put it back on. I don't eat very much ...
  Posted
1833449 tn?1333853101
If you have been diagnosed with Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome and/or various forms of autonomic dysfunction, do yourself a favor and find a new set of doctors. All of the symptoms of your condition can be caused by various f...
  Posted
I have night time bradycardia where my heart slows way down when I am in REM sleep. Night time monitoring of my heart rate shows that it drops well below 30 BPM and then pauses for 3-6 seconds per beat several times. I often wake up af...
  Posted
1323747 tn?1364810482
I have had a tendency toward dry skin all my adult life and have a variety of creams I use. Lately though, and I think this is the autonomic dysfunction, my eyes have been burning and the over the counter drops I used many times a day j...
  Posted
Hi, I apreciate any insight or help with this question. I am a 45 yr. old F that worked full-time as a kindergarten teacher, was active in my community, my church, and raising 2 teenagers as of February 08. Then I got a virus a...
  Posted
1401877 tn?1288111239
Hi All, So I just got back from the Cleveland Clinic in Ohio and I thought I'd share my experience and see if you all relate to any of the same stuff. After much poking and proding and being hooked up to multiple machines, it turns...
  Posted
Does anyone experience a rise in blood pressure and heart rate when they stand up or do slight exertion? Also, my heart pounds up into my throat, neck and ears and get extra beats in my heart. I am also very sensitive to adrenaline. Ev...
  Posted
Hi All, I have recently been diagnosed w/POTS after a + TTT. It didn't induce syncope but rather the diagnosis was based on a severe bradycardia after I was put back into the supine position (after nitroglycerin was administered). I...
  Posted
16361457 tn?1449656421
Hello. I was finally diagnosed with dysautonomia after having rapid heartbeat, insomnia, panick attacks and head and chest pressure for 8 months. The doctor did not specify which type of dysautonomia it is but I thinks it is POTS. The sy...
  Posted
I've had issues with my kidney's for about ten years now - infections, reflux, stones, and scar tissue. For the past few years I've been telling my nephrologists I feel so tired, that I don't want to go out with friends or do norma...
  Posted
For many years I've been struggling with different health problems. Last year I was able to get answers to my main question:" what's wrong with me?" So it turns out I have POTS. Doctors started treating me with different medications but ...
  Posted
I am a doctor of alternative healing and if you need help I am here to assist you in a recovery. Would you like me to get to the root of your problem?
  Posted
Hi My 24 year old daughter living in NYC is looking for a dr who knows how to treat POTS that is caused by EDS. Her GI dr wants to treat her GI issues with a beta blocker in conjunction with another dr who has dysautonomia experience. ...
  Posted
Who needs my help to get rid of some of the problems that your being faced with?
  Posted
I recently went to the cardiologist and got the diagnosis of vasomotor instability. For the past several years I have had symptoms of POTS. I wrote down my various sitting, lying down, and standing heart rates from the past few weeks as ...
  Posted
I have been taking extremely cold showers during for 4 days in a row and I am feeling very weak even 2 days from last one and I have like a pain under my heart and behind on my scapula. Why i feel so exhausted and I have this pain contin...
  Posted
I have read that there can be an adjustment period, but not sure how long is normal. My lightheadedness and tremors have been worse, and I have been woken up by my heart racing the past couple of nights. Wednesday morning was my last d...
  Posted
Hi All, I have had to call the paramedics a few times this month due to what my doctor calls autonomic crisis. I had a severe cold and woke up in the middle of the night to go to the kitchen and started sweating profusely. Instant nau...
  Posted
Hi. I have recently been diagnosed with a 'mild' autonomic dysfunction & have over the last few weeks been experiencing some abnormal cardiac symptoms. I am very concerned about my heart & would really appreciate some feedback to my situ...
  Posted
I'm seeing a lot of research being done that links AD and MTHFR methylation errors. Has anyone found that using the bio-available forms of folate and B12 (methylated) instead of the synthetic folic acid and cyano-cobalamin (which contai...
  Posted
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Dysautonomia (Autonomic Dysfunction) Community Resources