Aa
A
A
Close

Dysautonomia (Autonomic Dysfunction) Community

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Dysautonomia (Autonomic Dysfunction) including: Postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), neurocardiogenic syncope, mitral valve prolapse dysautonomia, pure autonomic failure, autonomic instability and others.

1 - 20 (of 1814) questions
NEWEST
ACTIVE
What causes so many auto immune disorders in one person and could it be a sign of blood cancer and how do you get someone to test you for it? I have severe allergic reactions to most any medicines that I take even when I go to the emerg...
Rose1516 | Last answer
16361457_tn?1449656421
Hello. I was finally diagnosed with dysautonomia after having rapid heartbeat, insomnia, panick attacks and head and chest pressure for 8 months. The doctor did not specify which type of dysautonomia it is but I thinks it is POTS. The sy...
bunnyblair | Posted
Has anyone gone to mayo clinic? What kinds of testing do they do for Dysautonomia there? It is going to be expensive coming from Canada. I am wondering if they will just diagnose Dysautonomia and send me on my way or will they actually...
AlyssaM0987 | Last answer
Hi. I have recently been diagnosed with a 'mild' autonomic dysfunction & have over the last few weeks been experiencing some abnormal cardiac symptoms. I am very concerned about my heart & would really appreciate some feedback to my situ...
bmxtuffy | Last answer
Hello I have ZERO ENERGY all the time! I take midodrine and my BP is usually 100/60. My doctor will not prescribe anything for my excessive fatigue. What should I do? And what type of doctors should I be seeing? I go to a family physicia...
Shelbzmarz | Posted
I have a few further questions for those who have been diagnosed with Dysautonomia... Has anyone ever received any actual "treatment" and seen improvement in their symptoms? Is it true that these disorders are only treated with symptom c...
AlyssaM0987 | Last answer
Hi everyone, I'm a teenage girl who has been experiencing POTS symptoms for almost 3 years, and was just diagnosed this past October. my symptoms mostly revolve around my stomach, and i have debilitating nausea. i no longer attend schoo...
spooniegirl | Last answer
I think this may sound like a crazy question, but has anyone had an issue with hair loss? My hair has always been super thick and it seems to be getting thinner and thinner. Along with this, my skin itches like crazy, and this includes...
cathyst | Last answer
Hi, I just came back from Cleveland Clinic and I tested positive on the tilt table for POTS, but they also told me that it is secondary to a primary problem. They told me that POTS doesn't have severe tremors, body twithces, and...
rhonda1017 | Last answer
hi everyone. I'm a teenager who has had POTS symptoms for over 2 years, but was just recently diagnosed this past October. I've fought and am still fighting for answers to understand my condition. before i was diagnosed, my pain got so i...
spooniegirl | Last answer
Hi, I apreciate any insight or help with this question. I am a 45 yr. old F that worked full-time as a kindergarten teacher, was active in my community, my church, and raising 2 teenagers as of February 08. Then I got a virus a...
rhonda1017 | Last answer
Hello from Canada.... Any Canadians experience trying to get a diagnosis in Canadaa? I am 5 years into this battle And just finally getting a tilt table test. Experiences? Tips? So scared. Has anyone been to Mayo for this? Do others ha...
AlyssaM0987 | Posted
My daughter-in law has POTS. She and my son have been looking for a doctor in California, preferrably So. Cal. who specializes in POTS (Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome). Pleas, if anyone knows of a doctor please pass the inform...
jennir54 | Last answer
My daughter has Hyperadrenergic Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome and I am just wondering if anyone else has this form of POTS. I would like any input as to what helps you with symptoms as she is having a rough time lately. ...
Lynn63 | Last answer
As I look through the comments and articles on this website I noticed that many writings are not about "dysautonomia" at all. Apparently different people have different notions about what dysautonomia is. There is no place that I saw t...
steiner71 | Last answer
886699_tn?1270783344
Does anyone know of a good Dr.that treats dysautonomia (POTS) in South Florida?? I have been to the Cleveland clinic neurology dept with no results. Maybe I should check their cardiology dept. PLease let me know if you know of any. T...
pepito6 | Last answer
Hi all. I've been dealing with dysautonomia for years and am sick of being sick. I want to be more proactive in finding ways to help my condition. I went to Vandy years ago, but have just been stuck since then. I've been reading a lot ab...
Loulou0728 | Last answer
I started with symptoms of Orthostatic Hypotension (OH) and extreme fatigue at age 11. I am now 69 and was finally - 6 weeks ago - diagnosed for Primary Autonomic Failure. My doctor prescribed pyridostigmine for my OH but the insurance...
steiner71 | Posted
My daughter has POTS and Ehlers Danlos Syndrome hypermobility type. The last several times I've given her a warm bath she has complained of bad stomach pain. Is this related or something I should be worried about? The baths normally help...
ilafaye | Posted
16510023_tn?1448659368
Hi , I'm a 23 year old guy , Yesterday got diagnosed with dysautonomia ( Vasovegal Syncope , I have never have fainted yet ... ) I had a tilt table test and after 16 minutes of head-up position I developed classic haemodynamic profil...
LucasN77 | Last answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Dysautonomia (Autonomic Dysfunction) Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
Marathon Running Done Over Many Yea...