Aa
A
A
Close
Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome Group
This group is for members with any form of Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome.We have this group to share info and support for each other. Ehlers-Danlos syndrome (EDS) is a heterogeneous group of heritable connective tissue disorders characterized by articular hypermobility, skin extensibility and tissue fragility. Individuals with EDS have a defect in their connective tissue. It is this tissue that provides support to many body parts such as the skin, muscles, ligaments and organs. The fragile skin and unstable joints found in EDS are due to faulty collagen. Collagen is a protein that acts like glue in the body adding strength and elasticity to connective tissue.
81 - 100 (of 132) questions
NEWEST
ACTIVE
I have been sick since September 10th. It started off with a sinus flu type sickness which eventually turned respiratory. About 3 weeks...
2 answers |
The other day I was sitting watching cirque de sol with my friends and they were all fascinated by the contortionists and how cool the th...
1 answer |
1168938 tn?1327157832
Hi Well the good news is my doctor has referred me to see a rheumatologist re: JOINT HYPERMOBILITY SYNDROME at the local hospital. The b...
1 answer |
I am not really close to anyone is my family, so I have no idea if I have family history of EDS. But vascular EDS is the most severe ...
7 answers |
1347273 tn?1317630738
I have just been diagnosed with Ehlers Danlos Syndrome Type 3 on Monday at the Genetics Clinic though kind of new I had it as I am now fr...
19 answers |
1127960 tn?1264563492
what types of accommedations have any of you with EDS, hypermobility type found most helpful? i'm 16, and in 10th grade: i use the elev...
4 answers |
1748105 tn?1314476806
I am diagnosed with MS and hypermobility syndrome, and working on an official EDS diagnosis. I recently had an MS flare that is affectin...
9 answers |
1670571 tn?1303709640
Can you get a service dog for ehlers danlos hypermobility type. My joins have been coming out about more the 20 times a day even fingers,...
1 answer |
Is it safe to get a tattoo if you have EDS? I already have problems with scarring and slow healing but will it cause major problems for m...
2 answers |
Hello - I am new to this community. I belong to the Chiari community where I have met some great people and found some very helpful i...
1 answer |
OK, here is a little hx. I was dx'ed with Chiari Malformation Type 1 in the past few months and have had some tests anstuff to go with it...
1 answer |
620923 tn?1452919248
MedHelp is pleased to announce the opening of our new Physical Therapy Forum. Questions in this new forum will be answered by John Gallu...
1340519 tn?1305170302
So I have EDS (Mostly likely type 3 but could also have classical) I am also 28 weeks pregnant. I am moving from PA to Chicago/Nort...
1 answer |
Hi, I have never posted, but I have found many of the information on your group page helpful. I have not been diagnosed Ehler-Danlos...
3 answers |
My mother was told 12 years ago she had Ehlers Danlos. The doctor said he could tell by "the shape of her ears." Since then she has had "...
5 answers |
999780 tn?1263675571
I have suffered most of my life with joint and muscle pain.I also had my ankle fused when I was 19yrs old.I was eventually dx with Fibro ...
3 answers |
My Niece has been diagnosed when she was a teenager and now as a 21 Year Old nurse she seems to have more issues with separated joints. ...
1 answer |
anyone ever been turned down for life insurance because of your eds? i have a mild form and never had any issues getting insured before. ...
5 answers |
Hi, At 40 I have finally got the EDS diagnosis that I have been waving under there noses in print form for past five years, been seeing d...
1 answer |
620923 tn?1452919248
Hi all please keep sugibear's DD in ur thoughts and prayers...this is a 6 yr old little girl with many health issues due to EDS. Pleas...
1 answer |
A
A
Recent Activity
Blank
Ball123 commented on photo
Aug 26
Blank
Ball123 commented on photo
Aug 26
Blank
Jamie11285 joined this group