Aa
A
A
Close
Emphysema Community
Emphysema is a type of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) involving damage to the air sacs (alveoli) in the lungs. Discuss topics including causes, symptoms and treatment options.
21 - 40 (of 66) questions
NEWEST
ACTIVE
I presently use Xopenex in my nebulizer. I was wondering if anybody uses a Vicks vapor steam solution to inhale in their nebulizer? Are t...
I guess I just might need reassurance but my fiance was diagnosed with stage 3 COPD, emphysema, and black mold poisoning in his body. He ...
1 answer |
My husband's doctor diagnosed him with emphysema about a year ago, by listening to his lungs in the office. He said he had 5 years to li...
1 answer |
1306047 tn?1333247191
Greetings. I was diagnosed with COPD at 33 in 2006 and rediagnosed again this last year both times with spirometry. Both times it was m...
1 answer |
I was recently diagnosed with copd and asthma. I have wondered what the best meds for this. I m on symbicort 2xday.was on spiriva but to...
1 answer |
Having a FEV1 of 27%, twice a year I go for free checkups at a local public hospital here in Spain and see a different lung doctor every...
2 answers |
5025255 tn?1362501765
Hi! I was very abusive to my health until I had a very bad panic attack - fearing that I might stop breathing or my heart might stop. Fro...
2 answers |
STAGES AND LIFE EXPECTANCY
1 answer |
In Aug - 2011, I had a Left Hilar Lymphadenopathy shown in X-ray and CT. I coughed up blood on few occasions in the morning. I was initia...
2 answers |
Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) is one of the most common lung diseases. It makes it difficult to breathe. There are two mai...
I was recently diagnosed with "mild" emphysema from a CT scan that was run for another reason. I have had a PFT however, do not yet know...
1 answer |
My mum was recently diagnosed with Emphysema what are the end stages??
Is it possible for someone who is only 38 years old to have emphysema, or symptoms of emphysema? I do smoke (only 1 pack a day-for aroun...
8 answers |
2169287 tn?1337202745
Im a personal caregiver of my husband who is is the final stages of this horrible diesease -what should i be looking for ? he does not wa...
1 answer |
I am a 48 year old male, 149 lbs, 19.5 BMI, and very active. I have never smoked cigarettes, although I did smoke marijuana for several y...
2 answers |
I am confused with diagnose given me re above. I do not now, and never have had a cough. I have no restriction in taking in air, have ...
1 answer |
emphysema can i stilll live a useful life
I understand emphysema and the causes,but my question is this,I no longer smoke,but I fond about other illness connected to emphysema suc...
A friend suffers from emphysema and was put on oxygen yesterday. He apparently needs it 24/7. He called this morning and said that he w...
1 answer |
Good evening. I'm currently care-taking for my 84-year-old father who was diagnosed with end-stage emphysema/COPD two years ago. At th...
2 answers |
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Emphysema Community Resources