Aa
A
A
Close

Emphysema Community

Emphysema is a type of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) involving damage to the air sacs (alveoli) in the lungs. Discuss topics including causes, symptoms and treatment options.

21 - 40 (of 60) questions
NEWEST
ACTIVE
I was recently diagnosed with copd and asthma. I have wondered what the best meds for this. I m on symbicort 2xday.was on spiriva but took myself off after 20 days. Thought it wasn't helping much and hated the side effects. Of course I...
Artpat111 | Last answer
Having a FEV1 of 27%, twice a year I go for free checkups at a local public hospital here in Spain and see a different lung doctor every time, they all agree I have severe COPD but while most of them say I have chronic bronchitis, the ...
26245 | Last answer
5025255_tn?1362501765
Hi! I was very abusive to my health until I had a very bad panic attack - fearing that I might stop breathing or my heart might stop. From then I started being very conscious of my health. My Cardio diagnosed me with hypertension, and di...
clark_phillips | Last answer
STAGES AND LIFE EXPECTANCY
Bonaventura | Last answer
In Aug - 2011, I had a Left Hilar Lymphadenopathy shown in X-ray and CT. I coughed up blood on few occasions in the morning. I was initially given a bronchitis medicine all my cough went away, then dr. started me on ATT medication for ...
indovik | Last answer
Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) is one of the most common lung diseases. It makes it difficult to breathe. There are two main forms of COPD: Chronic bronchitis, which involves a long-term cough with mucus Emphysema...
heykevin | Posted
I was recently diagnosed with "mild" emphysema from a CT scan that was run for another reason. I have had a PFT however, do not yet know the exact numbers. Dr's nurse called and said it was mild and that the doctor had order combivent ...
redclare | Last answer
My mum was recently diagnosed with Emphysema what are the end stages??
Parisjones54 | Posted
Is it possible for someone who is only 38 years old to have emphysema, or symptoms of emphysema? I do smoke (only 1 pack a day-for around 20+ years) but lately have noticed maybe a little shortness of breath (or more than a little) whil...
Kathy | Last answer
2169287_tn?1337202745
Im a personal caregiver of my husband who is is the final stages of this horrible diesease -what should i be looking for ? he does not want to go to the hospital until its time - I have been keeping track of his blood oxygen levels when ...
DeAnna067 | Last answer
I am a 48 year old male, 149 lbs, 19.5 BMI, and very active. I have never smoked cigarettes, although I did smoke marijuana for several years. I do not smoke marijuana or cigarettes presently. Here is a short rundown of my situation ...
deanne65 | Last answer
I am confused with diagnose given me re above. I do not now, and never have had a cough. I have no restriction in taking in air, have had 1 hr pulmonary testing, no asthma, have had arterial blood testing, and blood count (finger is ...
Schnapsi | Last answer
emphysema can i stilll live a useful life
spottedhot | Posted
I understand emphysema and the causes,but my question is this,I no longer smoke,but I fond about other illness connected to emphysema such as sleep apena,cancer and so on.What is my life expectency.I attend to liive as long as I can.
spottedhot | Posted
A friend suffers from emphysema and was put on oxygen yesterday. He apparently needs it 24/7. He called this morning and said that he woke up twice in the night and when he woke up he was gasping for breath. It really scared him. The...
Chelerea | Last answer
Good evening. I'm currently care-taking for my 84-year-old father who was diagnosed with end-stage emphysema/COPD two years ago. At the time he was a patient at Denver's National Jewish Hospital, one of the leading lung-related instit...
BrianK101 | Last answer
coughing phlegm from lungs for the past six months, have taken antibiotics with no results, did take predrisone together with SPIRIVA 18 mcg and ADVAIR 500/50 for the past month. Still coughing up phlegm and have limited lung capacity. ...
KAZMIRS | Last answer
Will emphysema cause my stomach to hurt?
laddie104 | Last answer
Hello, I know there is no real absolute way to define anyone's end of life. I just need to know if anyone can give me a rough guesstimate. My Mom is 73 and was diagnosed about 4-5 yrs ago. I recently moved her to GA with me and my boys f...
CopperCat28 | Last answer
I had been struggling with chest pains and shortness of breath and I was thinking I was having heart problems. This had been going for sometime but I continued to ignore it thinking it would improve. After a series of test we found out ...
timmyd30 | Last answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Emphysema Community Resources