Aa
A
A
Close

Epstein Barr Virus (EBV) Community

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Epstein Barr Virus (EBV), chronic EBV, and infectious mononucleosis (mono).

41 - 60 (of 1059) questions
NEWEST
ACTIVE
Need help understanding please......I just rec'd these results: EPSTEIN BARR VIRUS DNA, QN RT PCR: 07/15/2011 09:46 AM SOURCE Whole Blood EBV DNA, QN PCR 265 H <200 What is this for? my previous EBV tests from 9/2010 are: EPS...
derekliz | Last answer
Hi all I am suspecting that I have ebv in a recent exposure 1month plus ago with fatigue, photophobia, dry mouth and dry cough that won't go away and I am now waiting for the test results. The test that I did was EBV EA-IGA blood t...
Robbens | Last answer
Hi guys Almost a year ago I had a protected vaginal and unprotected receptive oral sex encounter with an HIV positive woman. I tested out to six months for HIV, my last test being an antibody and RNA PCR test both coming back negative...
Edd93 | Posted
I came down with EBV almost two years ago. Along with it came a sensation of ear fullness.. that sensation has not gone away, and since then I have been dealing with other symptoms. I am a 24 year old healthy(well, I WAS..) female. I hav...
rbr315 | Last answer
I have been running low grade fever 99 and 99.4 doesn't exceeds these since 35 days..no other symptoms..fever generally start rising when I wake up doesn't come down until late night..only comes down when I sleep. I have been tested wit...
LostHope123 | Last answer
I had mono 5 years ago. At the time I only had fatigue...no other symptoms, and didn't get my labs/records from that doctor. (Dumb.) It went away fairly quickly and I resumed life as usual. A few weeks ago I was diagnosed with mono again...
alynn1224 | Posted
EBV
I was finally diagnosed with EBV after my Lupus test came back negative. I have extremely low vitiman D and my platelets are only 116. They keep telling me that the excruciating pain that I'm in and not able to hardly walk is all from th...
Mandajean08 | Posted
Hi I just googled about the EBV virus and having the flu shot and found someone else had linked the same as what I had .Each year for the past 3 still have glandlar fever which I believe comes from having the EBV VIRUS , I would become v...
samsung15 | Posted
so ive been struggling with what my neurologist says is a flare of chroonic epstein barr. I tested positive with exposure in the last 8 months. I have been struggling because i keep having unbringing of symptoms, and i have been struggli...
Krissy820 | Last answer
Hey all, I'd love some help if someone could assist. I started getting sick May 10. It began with SEVERE headaches, and general malaise. A couple of days later I had a sore throat and the back of my neck was so sore for no explainable...
linneaostbye | Posted
I had testing, my naturopath told me I was positive for epstein-barr and herpes 6. About me: I'm a 33 yo male, I had mono about 3 years ago, lasted 3 weeks or so. Since February 2015, I've been having HORRIBLE symptoms that never go a...
DanMan1982 | Last answer
my 26 year old daughter is being treated for fibro with her neurologist. She is taking hydro. And several other melds. She also has been diagnosed with add. Is there any diet that she should follow or over the counter supplements she ...
Jhulliam | Posted
This is a story – that means, grab a cup of Joe or 4 or 12 depends on your fatigue level – pop a Ritalin or you guessed it 4 or 12 again determined by your level of fatigue. Maybe take a shower in the middle of this or a 48hr nap ;). @#$...
HDusten | Last answer
Here: http://www.medhelp.org/forums/EBV-CFS---Yes-it-is-a-big-Deal/show/2095
HDusten | Posted
hello! I'm new here. In July of 2014 I got EBV bad, as well as my first oral herpes breakout. The combination made me run a 104 fever for almost two weeks. I went to so many doctors, and none of them knew the problem. I had lost 23 lbs! ...
Piercemarks | Last answer
Hi all, I've had all sorts of symptoms over the last month including fatigue, ear ringing in both ears (tinnitus) , dizziness, throat flare ups (not particularly painfully), pins and needles and other things. After a month I cert...
mrdude1234 | Last answer
Has anyone experienced swollen lymph nodes above the collar bone region due to ebv? Or is this something more serious, I read that swollen lymph nodes in this area are always cause for concern and high chance of malignancie. Does maligna...
soaddict | Last answer
I've been running a low grade fever for almost 3 months now. My doc did all kinds of labs (including autoimmune labs which were negative) and all of my CBC's have come back normal. He FINALLY tested me for Mono 2 weeks ago after being si...
sumwom84 | Last answer
Has anyone experienced long-term issue with elevated EBV numbers going up and down, but aways elevated numbers? Which, I think, is termed "chronic/active infection." If so, how long did it last? Or, is lasting...
pvn | Last answer
My EBV Igg result is 242 and my EBV Igm is <10. what does this means?
DominiqueL26 | Last answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Epstein Barr Virus (EBV) Community Resources