Aa
A
A
Close

Epstein Barr Virus (EBV) Community

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Epstein Barr Virus (EBV), chronic EBV, and infectious mononucleosis (mono).

121 - 140 (of 1060) questions
NEWEST
ACTIVE
Hello, I am a 20 year old female with a long history of sinus infections and related surgeries. In 2011 I got mononucleosis ( a very bad confirmed case). My boyfriend at the time had it, gave it to me, I was super sick the whole 9 yar...
Lilly_13 | Last answer
Hi, i would be so grateful if anybody can help me. is it possible to have severe lower back pain(mainly in the hip) and abdominal pain (lower right part) from mono? i had mono 8 months ago and i was getting better! but suddenly i star...
fabina | Posted
601156_tn?1229289425
Heres my situation: I became ill with mono back in early September '08, and I had a VERY hard time getting over it. The infection stayed active all the way through the end of November (active according to blood tests). However I feel li...
AlbumLeaf | Last answer
fighting fatigue. no one can seem to help me the last doctor wants to send me to a infectious doctor been to one he said nothing to worry about the results keeps increasing. can anyone tell me if my labs on ebv are anything to worry abo...
coolmemories | Posted
I am not feeling well for more than a year now. I had started feeling unwell after having a protected intercourse in the end of 2013 and after that i started having sinus infection as oon as a weather changes or i eat something sour....
aura1980 | Last answer
I am an 18 year old heterosexual female. 8 months ago I engagedin unprotected oral sex, with no ejaculation, both giving and receiving. I had no symptoms of anything after. Since then I had kissed peopleand still no symptoms. I recently ...
lilylackson1996 | Last answer
I am an 18 year old female. I am sexually active, but I've only ever been unprotected orally. For the past 3-4 weeks I have had swollen lymph nodes in my neck and in the back of my neck. I have been tired, worn down, and I just want to s...
lilylackson1996 | Posted
My previous message didn't appear. Soooo I had ebv, the docs say it is gone because active antibodies disappeared and blood results are ok. I have lost 50% of my hair in 6 months!!! And now facial numbness muscle crumps on left side!...
LenaB3 | Posted
Hi Everybody!! It was a hell with this virus
LenaB3 | Posted
Dear docs. I had protected vaginal intercourse 6 months back with a CSW. 1 month post exposure I had fever, dry cough and white coating on tongue. Oral swab shows culture growth of Staph. 4 month post exposure I tested for HIV (p24...
deyjohn71 | Posted
Thanks in advance for any help/info. I just tested positive for EBV - got the call yesterday. I knew something was wrong and I wasnt feeling right. For about a week or so I was very fatigued, had headaches, and sore throat. Howeve...
Roscoe24 | Posted
I'm 22 female, March this year I started feeling really off, we had just recently moved so I thought i was just overwhelmed with everything. But then I went to the doctors to get checked they ran bloods and I came back positive for EBV m...
Missy140 | Posted
If my memory serves I recall having glandular fever years ago, at school so maybe 12 or so years. I can remember another occurrence that kept me in bed for two days around 4 years ago. Since then around a year ago I experienced some o...
bluegc | Last answer
I posted before but no one knew the answer... I had an EBV test that was positive for everything except IgGM. But the test did not show any titers... Does an EBV test show titers, or just say positive and negative? How can I find...
jjean | Posted
Hi, I have fever for 3weeks which have now gone for 3 weeks. Did 4 blood test over the 2,3 and 5th weeks with the following result. 1st test(2nd week): Went to A&E as advised by GP as was having ongoing fever for 10 days, even aft...
Neoneo11 | Posted
Is it possible to get Epstein-Barr and CMV from a doctor who didn't wash his hands? He wiped his mouth with the back of his hand and touched the tongue depressor before putting it in my mouth. Also when he checked my eyes I'm afraid he m...
RReid | Posted
All of my symptoms began in June '05 after a severe case of strep in March. I began having dizziness, pain (in muscles and joints) and fatigue. In Jan '06 my rheumatologist diagnosed me with fibromyalgia. The dizziness, pain and fatig...
fromptok | Posted
I had an EBV test and it does not show the titers. Should it show titers? Is there more to this test that my doctor did not do? Do I need other tests? What do my test results mean? Component Standard Range Your Valu...
jjean | Posted
Hello! I have had some of the symptoms of EBV but i dont know whether i have it or not, after kissing my bf for 3 months, i had a chest rash they were flat and red maculopapular rash, and after that i started feeling my neck lymphnodes i...
Someone1143 | Last answer
What numbers on blood tests determine if your EBV is chronic active and not just EBV. I have been sick more than not for the last five years more often than I have been well. The doctor I have seen for the last year ordered these tests a...
KLH2 | Last answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Epstein Barr Virus (EBV) Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
Marathon Running Done Over Many Yea...