Aa
A
A
Close

Epstein Barr Virus (EBV) Community

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Epstein Barr Virus (EBV), chronic EBV, and infectious mononucleosis (mono).

121 - 140 (of 1071) questions
NEWEST
ACTIVE
Hello, all. This is my first post. I am at my wits end with my doctor and need some information from people who have experienced this. I am a 36-year-old female with no long term health issues other than recurring ovarian cysts (unilater...
  Posted
This is an observation and I wondered if any posters with knowledge of lymphocyte subsets (immunophenotyping) could shed some light on this. It is well established in academic studies that the CD4:CD8 ratio (normally >1 in healthy, i...
  Posted
Hello. i made a stupid mistake today. I went to a massage place. got myself a handjob. Also for some reason i made out with her too. Later when i got home it just hit me how i could have contracted mononucleosis. I'm really worried abo...
  Posted
Can it be transmitted from mouth to penis during unprotected oral sex
  Posted
I have a 2.01 EBV IgG antibody, chronically low WBC count, high B12 count(1326), and low neutrophil count. Who should I see about this because some doctors have noticed it, but that's it. Any idea what this combination is indicative of?
  Posted
Last Sept I began having some major issues following a new sexual partner. After tons of STD tests, doctor visits and a scary false positive herpes igg test (cleared by a western blot) I found out I have EBV. My IgG results are high, but...
  Posted
hi all ive searched the internet high and low (mainly on my off days, which will become my point) for information on this rotten disease my immune system was always relatively good so i was surprised it had chose me to destroy, n...
  Posted
I was dx-ed with CFIDS due to my neurological/pain symptoms along with my bloodwork that showed high EBV and HSV-1. I was moderately high on a couple other viruses (can't remember names). I went on Valtrex (1g/day) but haven't noticed an...
  Posted
I'm confused about these results. My daughter is having the same symptoms when she had Mono 3 years ago. What is going on? What do these results mean? EP BARR VCA IGM AB 0.0 - 35.9 U/mL <36.0 (my result) Negative 43.9...
  Posted
Can ebv cause cervicitis? I've had all clear results with a biopsy and colcospocy...but I have an inflamed cervix and might possibly have ebv.... I've had mono many years ago.
  Posted
12033218 tn?1423014888
Do any of you have advice for having more energy
  Posted
Have been feeling super tired and had a lot of symptoms after I had unprotected oral sex with a nasty bimbo. Tested out to 7 months with full std check, everything came back negative but my EBV is at 481. I was wondering if herpes or syp...
  Posted
Hi, I was just put on prednisone for my extreme mono I have had for 5 months- I''m taking 16mg 3 times per day for 3 days then 2 times per day for 3 days, then I'm taking 10mg two times per day for two days then one time per day for two ...
  Posted
My 4.5 year old daughter was diagnosed last April with Mono. Pretty rare, but was a confirmed case. She has since been relatively healthy until Jan 5 she had a virus with high fever. She was tired when she was sick with the virus early J...
  Posted
Like most post ive read on here I have tested positive for evb. I am concerned I may have other problems. Started two months ago. Hospitalized twice. The last time was 3 days and they ran tons of blood work test. a ct scan of head. Mri o...
  Posted
my mom contracted hiv from my father when they had sex and had me why is it that I came out without the virus I was a c section baby I was just wondering because they finally had to tell me because I was figuring stuff out
  Posted
Hi everybody I am a 38-year old female and I have been newly diagnosed with EBV and would like to ask a question. It started in the middle of January with a sore throat, went to doctor and diagnosed with tonsilitis and unfortunately g...
  Posted
937868 tn?1379188559
Hello, I had been sick for the last 6 months, my doctor said that my EBV is cronic, what he means about that? He also said that will take a lot of time for me to recover. Please, I would like to know more about this ,personal expiriencie...
  Posted
Hello, I am a 20 year old female with a long history of sinus infections and related surgeries. In 2011 I got mononucleosis ( a very bad confirmed case). My boyfriend at the time had it, gave it to me, I was super sick the whole 9 yar...
  Posted
Hi, i would be so grateful if anybody can help me. is it possible to have severe lower back pain(mainly in the hip) and abdominal pain (lower right part) from mono? i had mono 8 months ago and i was getting better! but suddenly i star...
  Posted
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Epstein Barr Virus (EBV) Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488 tn?1310696703
Blank
Marathon Running Done Over Many Yea...