Aa
A
A
Close

Eye Care Archive Forum

Our Ask-A-Doctor Eye Care Forum is where you can post your question and receive a personal answer from physicians affiliated with the American Academy of Ophthalmology.

61 - 80 (of 2125) questions
NEWEST
ACTIVE
Hello. Last October I started having eye floaters in my right eye. I went to the doctor and he believed they were just eye floaters, but he was not very detailed or would not answer questions. He just said they would get better. Well 4 ...
wildflower1978 | Last answer
what could be the cause of this, benign or otherwise? what looks like the after-image of a camera flash or looking at the sun, when you haven't done either? this occurred (again) yesterday, in one eye only, and is still here today. wh...
mel07 | Last answer
Hello. I'm a healthy 40-y-o woman who has had an afterimage for approximately 3 weeks. It is a streak in the right lower field of my vision. When I close my eyes it is white; when I open my eyes it is gray/black, then disappears. I've...
blue_eyes1 | Last answer
Hi there, I'm 20 years old, i wear tonic contact lences, over the last few months ive been getting discomfort in my left eye like a presurre feeling when i press agaist my eye lid my eye makes a crunching sound that seems to relieve the ...
vimto | Last answer
Hello- For the past year I've been having eye problems, and sought the help of a local eye doctor last summer. My symptoms included waking up with sticky discharge in my eyes (as if I had conjunctivitis) and a persistent stringy mucus...
TheMatrix | Last answer
MY QUESTION IS, I HAVE MACULAR DEGENERATION IN BOTH EYES ALONG WITH COUPLE OF DISORDERS THAT ARE INCURABLE. WHERE CAN I GO AND GET THE THINGS I NEED LIKE A BRAILLER FOR FREE OF CHARGE. I HAVE NO MONEY SSD HAS NOT KICKED IN YET I NEED SOM...
DEBORAHAKAMARTHA | Last answer
Our son seems to always have dialated pupils, no matter what time of day or what how bright the light....what may cause this?
MIller Family | Last answer
The whites of my eyes are yellow but the thing that is odd is that its not completely yellow. It seems that when my eyes are in a natural "open" position-the sclera that is exposed to air is yellow but the sclera thats covered by my eyel...
shogirl | Last answer
My vision has been pretty poor since I was about 8 (I'm 22 now) and has been progressively worsening over the years. I have an astigmatism and I am near-sighted. I wear either contacts or glasses, with a prescription of 5 and 4.5 (I can'...
MeganW | Last answer
What can you tell me about internuclear opthalmoplegia (INO or BINO). Is there a cure or meds that can help it. I do have MS. INO/BINO was detected through a visual evoked potential and a VNG test done by an ENT.
T-lynn | Last answer
About 10 months ago, out of nowhere, I started having problems with alopecia areata (barbea). After several tests no diseases were found and treatment with costicosteroids (injected and topical) started (o treat symptoms only). However, ...
Burty | Last answer
Well my 5 year old has red eyes along with reddish orange discgarge. What could it be? They look watery
mstgrnd | Last answer
best way to improve eye vision is to take eye vitamins more info here: http://www.rebuildyourvision.com/cmd.php?Clk=1969574
code600 | Last answer
Today, I noticed a small white (ish) lump in the white part of my husband's left eye which was only noticable when he moved his eye to the right. As he obviously cannot see it himself in a mirror I took some close up photos of it and ...
amyfleur | Last answer
It's been almost 3 weeks since I had laser surgery for partial retinal detachment. I'm supposed to go back to the eye doctor on Wednesday, but I think I'm going to show up Monday morning instead. This is because I think I've seen a few...
pjutter | Last answer
Hi - Last week I started seeing lightning like flashes in the upper portion of my left eye peripheral vision - mostly when I moved quickly. Went to my optometrist who did a dilated exam, checked peripheral vision, pressure, etc. Said it...
annieohio | Last answer
HELLO I AM 45 YEARS YOUNG AND HAVE MACUALR DEGENERATION IN BOTH EYES ALONG WITH CATERACTS IN BOTH. AND ALOT OF OTHER DISORDERS THAT LEAD TO BLINDNESS. THEY WONT OPERATE ON THE CATARCTS BECAUSE I WILL GO BLIND DURING THE OPERATION BECAUSE...
DEBORAHAKAMARTHA | Last answer
I have a general question about my vision. About two years ago, I had a sudden change in vision for the worse, accompanied by headaches. I was referred to a neurologist and he found an arachnoid cyst on my brain. They did several test...
BearHitch | Last answer
I was told by my optometrist that I've cataract. So I went to see opthalmologists. I saw three opthalmologists. First one says my cataract has not developed fully so he can't perform surgery. Second one based on the examination and Q&A ...
confused kate | Last answer
judt told I have narrow angels and may have a terrible pain and blindness if drains get clogged. I ahve panic atatcks and freaked out. Is this rare to happen? I am diabetic and waling around thinking I may blind anytime with excruciat...
renmill | Last answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
Marathon Running Done Over Many Yea...
May 21 by John C Hagan III, MD, FACS, FAAOBlank