Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Eye operation - lateral orbitotomy

Hi, I've recently had a lateral orbitotomy to remove a pleomorphic adenoma tumour from my lacrimal gland. Before the operation my symptons were a swollen eyelid, slight proptosis of the eye (which resulted in double vision when looking upwards), and reduced vision in the affected eye. Since the operation i no longer have the double vision, but the eye-lid is still swollen - will this go down as time progresses? The incision was made along the crease of the eye-lid and back towards the ear for around an inch.
3 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
yes, it should go way down.  when was your operation?
Helpful - 0
thanks for the quick reply! the operation was only 8 days ago, a couple of days later i got a huge black eye but that's calmed down a lot, it's just that the thickness in the eye-lid remains. So do u think this will go down quite a bit yet?
Helpful - 0
yes, i do
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Eye Care Archive Forum

Popular Resources
Find out how beta-blocker eye drops show promising results for acute migraine relief.
Eye whitening, iris color change, and eyeball "bling." Eye expert Dr. John Hagan warns of the dangers from these unnecessary surgeries.
Eye expert John Hagan, MD, FACS, FAAO discusses factors to consider and discuss with your eye care team before embarking on cataract surgery.
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
Protect against the leading cause of blindness in older adults
Got dry eyes? Eye drops aren't the only option! Ophthalmologist John C. Hagan III, MD explains other possible treatments.