Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Different vision depending on angle

I have myopia. Left eye is significantly worse than the right eye so this effect is more noticeable on the left eye. If I fix my sight on some point and then rotate my head to left or right my vision significantly changes depending on the angle. So for example if I'm looking straight I could see some text almost clear, then I turn my head just a bit to the side and it becomes unreadable, a little more and it's completely clear again.

If I rotate my head while looking at the same point a few times I can even see this one kind of dark line in my vision which is about 30 degrees to the right when I'm looking straight. Same thing on the other eye, although not as noticeable.

Is this a normal effect of nearsightness? Or is it something more that's worth investigating further?
3 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Please do the following:

1.Ask the optician to ve you "Aspheric lenses"
2. Get a full retina check.

Sincerely,
Rajesh Wadhwa (Optometrist)
B.Ophth.Tech Hons. (AIIMS)
FIACLE (Australia)
Helpful - 0
MAX -
I am noticing the same thing as you! Or at least it sounds similar. When I fix my gaze on a point, and rotate my head left or right, I saw what I thought was a dark line about 30 degrees to my peripheral - but now I realize (and you may too if you look closer) it is actually the outline of a circle. The outline is darker, and inside the circle is lighter. Whatever is passing through the outline of the circle gets distorted. I wonder if we are seeing the same thing? Now it is so noticeable to me that I actually can see the circles without evern trying. Last night I stood up too fast and both circles were light as day in my vision!

Not much help, I know, but nice to find someone experiencing the same thing...

Kaileen
Helpful - 0
I also have myopia and don't experiance this. Maybe your glasses were made incorrectly? Does this happen when you're not wearing them?
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Eye Care Archive Forum

Popular Resources
Find out how beta-blocker eye drops show promising results for acute migraine relief.
Eye whitening, iris color change, and eyeball "bling." Eye expert Dr. John Hagan warns of the dangers from these unnecessary surgeries.
Eye expert John Hagan, MD, FACS, FAAO discusses factors to consider and discuss with your eye care team before embarking on cataract surgery.
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
Protect against the leading cause of blindness in older adults
Got dry eyes? Eye drops aren't the only option! Ophthalmologist John C. Hagan III, MD explains other possible treatments.