Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Bump on the side of eye.

I have recently developed a small bump on the Frontosphenoidal Process. It is is about 5-6 cm is diameter and protrudes about 2-3 cm. It is under the skin and is hard, but can be manipulated or moves slightly. It immediately returns to it's location when pressed upon and does not appear to move from side to side. There is no pain to touch it, but I can feel "pressure" when I attempt to move it from side to side. It does not effect vision in my eye and there is no pain when moving my eye or blinking, but I did recently, about 9 months ago, have Lasik surgery. Any thoughts to this or research ideas would be greatly appreciated. I can't seem to find anything that even correlates to my symptoms. Thanks for the assistance!
4 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Quite a bit of concern for a bug-bite level, eh ;)
I know what you mean about the waiting bit, I don't like that either; docs seem to have a very low threshold for disregarding people's concerns. Keeps lots of people away from them. Good luck!

Helpful - 0
Hi,

I don't recommend you make any conclusions yourself. Get it checked out by a doctor. You can't self-diagnose from the internet, and especially wouldn't want to do it when your eyes are concerned! Besides which, since this is a patient-patient forum, we can give you comments/speculation at best. Get it checked out so at least you can be relieved!

All the best,
Aliaa
Helpful - 0
Thanks for the recommendation Aliaa, but it doesn't seem to be a concern any more than a bug bite. I wouldn't run to a doctor every time I got a mosquito bite, would you? I am merely researching to see if it's something that I would have to take time out of my busy schedule to go and sit in a waiting room for 2 hours just to be told it's a bump! It doesn't hurt, it isn't discolored, it doesn't move, hasn't gotten bigger, and in fact, maybe its been there my whole life and just never noticed it. I was looking for just info, but I do appreciate your concern, and if I do feel it's something more than a bump, I will seek medical attention immediately.
Helpful - 0
**Additional Info**

After doing some more research on this site and another, I have added 2 suspects to my list as culprits for my bump. Has anyone had an issue with Lipoma or Fibroma? What things should I look for to make a conclusion that it is Lipoma or Fibroma? If it is Lipoma or Fibroma, should I have it removed even if it's benign? And being so close to my eye, what concerns should be made clear if I decide to leave it alone? Any help would be appreciated.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Eye Care Archive Forum

Popular Resources
Find out how beta-blocker eye drops show promising results for acute migraine relief.
Eye whitening, iris color change, and eyeball "bling." Eye expert Dr. John Hagan warns of the dangers from these unnecessary surgeries.
Eye expert John Hagan, MD, FACS, FAAO discusses factors to consider and discuss with your eye care team before embarking on cataract surgery.
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
Protect against the leading cause of blindness in older adults
Got dry eyes? Eye drops aren't the only option! Ophthalmologist John C. Hagan III, MD explains other possible treatments.