Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Eye problems

I have been seeing trails in dim lighting for about two years now my doctors do not know what this is also I see lots of black spots like dust floting in my eyes. Does anyone know what this could be if so please help Thank you .
8 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Thank you so much. I just hope that it goes away most likey not because I'v had it for two years but I will keep my appointments and see what happens but when do you say ok that's it no one knows what this is so I should just live with it and move on and stop going to see doctors, I'v seen so many .Thanks again just having someone to talk to about this makes me feel better.
Helpful - 0
dont know.  MS would probably be the worst of the things you listed.  "throwing a clot" is probably a one time event and will likely not make you "go blind" or lose more sight.

MS usually has to have spots on your MRI for a clear diagnosis.  but the prevailing thought as far as i understand it is that some folks can show signs/symptoms of MS BEFORE they get "plaques" on their MRI.

no way to tell.  try not to worry too much, and keep your appointments.
Helpful - 0
yes, but i dont know that i have read of any remedies...
Helpful - 0
Do you know what its called or if its harmful?
Helpful - 0
Do you know if this is harmful I'm scared I will lose my site .I have been to two Neurologist the first one said I don't know what this is don't worry your MRA and MRI came back fine theres no problem but a pinch nurve from a sliped disk in my neck your fine.The 2nd one said I may have thorwen a small blood clot to the brain but an MRI would not pick one so small up and maybe it caused damage but he was not for sure I don't really know if thats so.I have a Ophthalmologist apointment in 3 weeks so I'll see how that goes also my doctor had first told me it sounds like MS I was so worried but the two Neurologist said no they don't think so .SO I don't know what to do I do get sharp pains in my head sometimes .What a mess I just hope this is not bad and will not hurt me I have to boys to take care of, I got use to it being there but I would like to know if this is life treatning.
Helpful - 0
okay a neurologist or neuro-ophthalmologist is likely your best bet.  i am assuming they have already ruled out or are currently ruling out migraine aura, retinal detachment, tumor, etc etc

barring any active disease process or retinal traction type problem, we are likely talking about some neuro/perception process that will be very difficult to diagnose, especially in a forum like this...
Helpful - 0
I have seen lots of doctors and know one knows. I do have Floters they have gotten very bad lately but this is different it's more in dim lighting and off dark objects if I look stright and something move in frount of me I see them a 2nd time a light white trail I'm so worried I saw a nero.and he said maybe a small clot went to my brain and caues damage but my MRI and MRA was good so i don't know what to do thank you so much for reading this.Have you ever heard of anything like this ?
Helpful - 0
sounds like floaters.  have you seen an eye doc?
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Eye Care Archive Forum

Popular Resources
Find out how beta-blocker eye drops show promising results for acute migraine relief.
Eye whitening, iris color change, and eyeball "bling." Eye expert Dr. John Hagan warns of the dangers from these unnecessary surgeries.
Eye expert John Hagan, MD, FACS, FAAO discusses factors to consider and discuss with your eye care team before embarking on cataract surgery.
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
Protect against the leading cause of blindness in older adults
Got dry eyes? Eye drops aren't the only option! Ophthalmologist John C. Hagan III, MD explains other possible treatments.