Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

windshield effect

i have what my dr has called in the past a "windshield effect" in my eye, in both actually. It feels like a film is covering my eye that is dirty and i have to look through it. I have had this happen to me 5 years ago around this exact same time. The eye dr i went to said my blood vessels at the back of the eye were swollen and was causing the pressure and causing this effect. It that possible? he also said they were swollen due to stress..is that possible? My eyes are also itchy, scratchy, tight, dry, burning and swollen.
6 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
i had my eye exam today and while he could not officialy diagnosis it, he thinks its that central serous. He said everything about my eye is perfect, even my vision, even though i have a lazy eye. he said to come back in a month if it is still there and that if it gets to the point in which it is not leaving, surgery is always an option. he had another patient who had this for 6 months straight and then had the laser surgery and is now 100% fine. he said i just need to learn to not stress as much and relax..a hard thing to do..lol
Helpful - 0
"fluorescein", before someone corrects my spelling.  it was a typo.  sorry.
Helpful - 0
i'm not sure why its called a "window defect".  yes, the gritty probably is dr eye related.
Helpful - 0
now i remember...its b/c on a special test called a fluroscein angiography, central serous chororetinopathy causes a certain type of unique appearance.
Helpful - 0
would central serous chorioretinopathy cause me to see my floaters more as well as this blurry spot? it happened the last time i had this. Also, what exactly is a "window effect"? Is it possible to relate the burning and dry eyes to dry eye?
Helpful - 0
i'm pretty sure you're talking about a "window defect", and "central serous chorioretinopathy".  thats fluid near your macula in your retina.  it usually resolves, and can be recurrent.

here's a good link:

http://www.vrmny.com/csc.htm

having itchy, scratchy, dry, burning and swollen eyes is unrelated to your vision if you're talking about a "window defect".  any "feeling" you have on the surface of your eye is not related to central serous chorioretinopathy.

Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Eye Care Archive Forum

Popular Resources
Find out how beta-blocker eye drops show promising results for acute migraine relief.
Eye whitening, iris color change, and eyeball "bling." Eye expert Dr. John Hagan warns of the dangers from these unnecessary surgeries.
Eye expert John Hagan, MD, FACS, FAAO discusses factors to consider and discuss with your eye care team before embarking on cataract surgery.
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
Protect against the leading cause of blindness in older adults
Got dry eyes? Eye drops aren't the only option! Ophthalmologist John C. Hagan III, MD explains other possible treatments.