Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

vision trouble recently

I recently have had some trouble with my vision where I feel as if my eye is floating.  I did have lazy eye in my left eye as a child and did have one surgery at age 2.  I did not have many problems as a child, some mild headaches but vision was checked and everything was OK.  I di just have an eye exam because of this problem about 3 months ago.  I got contacts because I never wore my glasses.  These did help for the past few months, now I get this feeling constantly.  I do notice when I look in the mirror sometimes, when I get the feeling of movement that my left eyes goes upwards.  As a child my eye went in.  I did the patching for a while and now I know my eyes do not work together becuase of this problem.  I just do not know why all of sudden agian this is happening.  I can see fine it just gives me a headache when this happens.  I should say that I work at a desk in front of a computer for 7 hours a day.  Could this be a cause.  When I am looking at the screen I do have trouble looing at it sometimes.  I get a sensation by my eyes as if something were up close to my face.  That is bothersome.  Any recommendations would be helpful.  Thank you
4 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
this is the big problem with strabismus surgery.  it is definitely needed in lots of children for visual function and cosmetic issues, BUT...it causes the exact problems you are expereincing right now.

the reason is that strab surgery is all a big guessing game.  guessing how far out to make the eye (that used to be pointed in), guessing whether the patient will be farsighted or nearsighted later in life, etc etc.  it would be like seeing you at age 2 and trying to guess what your height & weight will be at age 32.

the result is this: an eye that "floats" in our out or up or down later in life.

read my response to another poster about a very similar issue (hold on i'll post the link in the next response)
Helpful - 0
Helpful - 0
SHOULD Ii GO GET ANOTHER EXAM FOR THE PRISM GLASSES OR JUST CALL THE OPTOMETRIST AND ASK HIM TO PRESCRIBE THEM?  CAN THE COMPUTER BE ANOTHER CAUSE OF THIS?  I USUALLY HAVE MORE TROUBLE IN FRONT OF THE COMPUTER, BUT I DO HAVE TROUBLE OTHER TIMES ALSO.
Helpful - 0
you can call the other optometrist, but i doubt he or she took prism measurements.  i usually dont take measurements for prism unless i am planning on rx'ing it...
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Eye Care Archive Forum

Popular Resources
Find out how beta-blocker eye drops show promising results for acute migraine relief.
Eye whitening, iris color change, and eyeball "bling." Eye expert Dr. John Hagan warns of the dangers from these unnecessary surgeries.
Eye expert John Hagan, MD, FACS, FAAO discusses factors to consider and discuss with your eye care team before embarking on cataract surgery.
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
Protect against the leading cause of blindness in older adults
Got dry eyes? Eye drops aren't the only option! Ophthalmologist John C. Hagan III, MD explains other possible treatments.