Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

VISUAL DISTURBANCE

My normal everyday vision seems ok. But in my both eyes I'm aware of yellow-blue cloudy areas.
The 'clouds' seem to shimmer with little black dots. Then when l focus in to read say newspaper print I'm aware of small grey spots - two of which are v. close to my centre of vision. In my right eye the sports obscure the bottom half of the line thst I am reading. Recently I've been seeing all sorts of black, blue & white spots in both eyes which flash. These disturbances seem to react to light.  Also I am experiencing a strange phenomenon where I see 'static' like a TV with bad reception - this particularly in poor light. I've had a dialated eye exam and the Retina etc. looks ok. I am  diabetic and on medication. My Doc. thinks all this may just be 'cos of shifting Sugar & B.P., but it all seems so intense. I'm really anxious - anyone got any advice?

4 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Hi

My boyfriend  complains  from very similar symptoms you have described.  He has experienced these symptoms for over 3 years now and we have been to 3 different doctors looking for  answers.

He has had blood tests, has been to 3 opthamologists, has tried migraine related medications, has had a CT scan... but still no one can  tell us what is wrong!   This condition makes him anxious constantly & has become very unsociable.    

He prodominantly sees patches of pink & green & occassionally blue, which are luminous (very bright).  These visual  disturbances are a lot worse in poor light.  The patches are constantly changing in size & shape and are always moving.

He's only 22!

We are due to go to see a neurologist in about 4 weeks time also - so we'd be anxious to hear how you go with your tests.   It's a relief for him to know someone who is experiencing a similar problem that he can now talk to.

Helpful - 0
Thank you for taking the time  to respond. I will get an appointment with a Neuro. Just one further question: could these clouds be floaters?
Helpful - 0
the "dots" could be floaters...
...but not the static.
Helpful - 0
sounds neurological.  if you're really worried, see a neurologist or better yet a neuro-ophthalmologist.

it is possible that these are related to your diabetes...
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Eye Care Archive Forum

Popular Resources
Find out how beta-blocker eye drops show promising results for acute migraine relief.
Eye whitening, iris color change, and eyeball "bling." Eye expert Dr. John Hagan warns of the dangers from these unnecessary surgeries.
Eye expert John Hagan, MD, FACS, FAAO discusses factors to consider and discuss with your eye care team before embarking on cataract surgery.
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
Protect against the leading cause of blindness in older adults
Got dry eyes? Eye drops aren't the only option! Ophthalmologist John C. Hagan III, MD explains other possible treatments.