Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

one more question?

sorry for asking so many questions, i'll try to make this my last ...

i have lots of floaters and they dart about when i move my eye, sometimes "sinking" out of my central vision ...
this symptom i am having isn't like that at all - it is much larger (almost the width of my field of vision, it seems) and more like an opaque grey cloud than a cobweb. it moves with my eye and is fixed. i can see it best when i close one eye and squint, and when i blink (when i becomes more intense, like it's pulsing or somthing). also, as with my floaters, i can see it when my eyes are closed ...
it's weird, huh?
if it is benign, i could probably get used to it but i am terrified it is going to "spread" into my central vision ...
(I have had a dilated exam and nothing apart from the peripheral scar was detected)
7 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
"mechanical" as in i can effect how intensely i see the grey cloud - for eg, it's much more obvious and clearly defined when i squint through one eye. ALSO, when i push againt my eye (in the opposite location to where the cloud is in my vision) I can see it better. this all leads me to think the problem is within the eye itself ....
Helpful - 0
"mechanical" what?  refresh my memory.  sorry...
Helpful - 0
i had a CT scan in january ... would that have picked up an abnormality?
Helpful - 0
hmm, i thought neurological stuff manifests in BOTH eyes ... also, wouldn't the fact that it seems to respond to "mechanical" stuff like squinting and blinking suggest it was localized to the eye? i dunno .... just pondering it since there appears not much more i can do at this point ...
Helpful - 0
hmm, well that's not good ... what about the "mechanical" i mention above? (am i driving you crazy yet?)
Helpful - 0
true that most neuro eye/vision problems are binocular, but certainly not set in stone.

you could still have neuro problems even after a CT is clear.
Helpful - 0
this sounds neurological.  if you had something serious inside your eye, it would have been seen on a dilated fundus exam.  anything that appears THAT BIG to you would appear HUGE to the eye doctor, and would not or could not be easily missed.

so will it "spread" to your cental vision?  i have no idea.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Eye Care Archive Forum

Popular Resources
Find out how beta-blocker eye drops show promising results for acute migraine relief.
Eye whitening, iris color change, and eyeball "bling." Eye expert Dr. John Hagan warns of the dangers from these unnecessary surgeries.
Eye expert John Hagan, MD, FACS, FAAO discusses factors to consider and discuss with your eye care team before embarking on cataract surgery.
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
Protect against the leading cause of blindness in older adults
Got dry eyes? Eye drops aren't the only option! Ophthalmologist John C. Hagan III, MD explains other possible treatments.