Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

How do I tream my hematoma?

Hello, my name is Denis. I was hoping you could help me. Three months ago during a soccer game, I was kicked in the thigh but did not stop playing. Next morning it was sore and swollen, however I still went on with my daily routine which included running and playing soccer. I ignored the injury for two months despite pain and discomfort. After two months, I decided to let it heal and not play at all. I used Lasonil cream for a week. It seemed to be helping a little as I regained full movement of my leg, however the swelling remained but kept decreasing. Then I bought Arnica cream and it seemed to have stopped my healing process as I lost again my leg movement and pain came back. It does not seem to be improving. Since I cannot afford physiotherapy, could you please give me some advice on how to recover as soon as possible as I have a very important game in 2 weeks.
2 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Hi,
I was looking on the net to see if I could answer the very question you guys are after!  Guess what, no such luck!  My issue is about the same - I was involved in a hit and run (I was the one hit - they ran!) while on my Push Bike.  Now I have major soft tissue damage and brusing on the knee (where I had a reco 2 years ago) Now I'm not a stranger to pain, but this is a killer!  My Sports Dr said to "Train through it!"  So a little pain right.... Lots of pain.  I've started using the lasonil this morning - other wise I have been Icing and elevating - But I have a national comp in 3 weeks and I dont have the time to stop altogether... Anyone that can assist in anyway? did you make your game in the 2 weeks and what did you do get get there... Anyone else, if you have a suggestions I am open to it!
Cheers
Helpful - 0
three months ago i also got an hemotoma without realizing and expected it to go away by itself.  It doesn't seem to get any better with time.  I'd be very interested it the comments and answers to this person "hellraiser" 's questions.  Does anybody know what the proper course of action for a latent hemotoma might be?  is it curable?  Is is at all dangerous?
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Exercise & Fitness Community

Top Healthy Living Answerers
Arlington, VA
Learn About Top Answerers
Popular Resources
14 super-healthy foods that are worth the hype
Small changes make a big impact with these easy ways to cut hundreds of calories a day.
Forget the fountain of youth – try flossing instead! Here are 11 surprising ways to live longer.
From STD tests to mammograms, find out which screening tests you need - and when to get them.
Tips and moves to ease backaches
Here are 12 simple – and fun! – ways to boost your brainpower.