Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Post Aerobics symptoms

I have been living a moderate lifestyle whereby I do exercise 4 times a week in the gym(Cardio and resistence training).  Though, I always had problem with the aerobics.  Everytime i join any aerobics class, I experience pains especially at my leg.  Is it because my body doesn't have the stamina it requires?  Ojn average, I burn about 700 calories each session in gym.  Please advice as I have pains for days every time i go for an aerobics class
4 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
thanks.... i would try it later
Helpful - 0
does this means that i should do some lighter exercises after my heavy workout session in order nt to cause any muscle sprain? Though i only get all this when i participate in aerobics and nt during normal cardio and resistence training.  Is it advicable for me to go for the aerobics?
Helpful - 0
Muscle spasms are often the result of "doing too much too soon". Don't give up the aerobics if you don't want to, just begin a little slower with low impact and move into the more strenous as your muscles get used to the work.  To avoid muscle spasm due to lactic acid buildup, do the hard work, then do a lesser exercise to burn whatever may be left in the muscle.  Maybe you would do the aerobics class, then do a slow-down exercise like swimming or walking.
Helpful - 0
When you exercise hard and fast, the muscle needs alot more energy to keep up.  The muscle secretes a substance called lactic acid to feed the muscles.  If you stop suddenly and the body is still producing lactic acid, the LA will not be used up and remains in the muscle.  The buildup of lactic acid will cause muscle spasm, pain, charlie horse, etc. until the muscle uses up the lactic acid or reabsorbs it.  If you stretch or do another, less active exercise after your aerobics that will allow the muscle to use up the lactic acid you won't have the pain.  Try a long slow swim, stretching, or a slow walk on the treadmill.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Exercise & Fitness Community

Top Healthy Living Answerers
Arlington, VA
Learn About Top Answerers
Popular Resources
14 super-healthy foods that are worth the hype
Small changes make a big impact with these easy ways to cut hundreds of calories a day.
Forget the fountain of youth – try flossing instead! Here are 11 surprising ways to live longer.
From STD tests to mammograms, find out which screening tests you need - and when to get them.
Tips and moves to ease backaches
Here are 12 simple – and fun! – ways to boost your brainpower.