Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Tight Neck Causes...

What does a tight neck cause, or what can it cause?

Im just wondering because apparently i have a very tight one from something that happened in martial arts.. and the mucle will never heal and will always be semi tight.

I want to know what people have experianced from tight necks.. just incase i get something and may freak out and think i have a tumor or something.
3 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
I have the same thing from playing tennis.  Look up neck pain and excersises on google.  Do these every day and it should go away.
Helpful - 0

but i have noticed i have like.. a head cold feeling now in the back of my head... and i have a feeling to sneeze.

i do have a cold but even when my colds barely feelable i still have this feeling
Helpful - 0
Actually that sounds nothing like a pinched nerve.  A pinched nerve is actually very rare, though many things get CALLED a pinched nerve that aren't.  A pinched nerve sends shooting, sharp pains down your arm, back, leg, or whatever part of the body the nerve network is part of.

Most likely you have some muscle spasm in your neck or possibly have torn some of the muscle and ligament tissues.  When these soft tissues tear, the scar tissue that forms is less flexible and resiliant so there will usually be a feeling of slight "tightness".  Regular massage and stretching can help this immensely.  Good luck!
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Exercise & Fitness Community

Top Healthy Living Answerers
Arlington, VA
Learn About Top Answerers
Popular Resources
14 super-healthy foods that are worth the hype
Small changes make a big impact with these easy ways to cut hundreds of calories a day.
Forget the fountain of youth – try flossing instead! Here are 11 surprising ways to live longer.
From STD tests to mammograms, find out which screening tests you need - and when to get them.
Tips and moves to ease backaches
Here are 12 simple – and fun! – ways to boost your brainpower.