Aa
A
A
Close

Foot Care (Podiatry) Forum

Questions in the Foot Care (Podiatry) forum are answered by medical professionals and experts. Topics include: Athlete's feet, Bunions, Flat feet, Foreign body, Fractures/foot pain,Fungal infections, Hammertoes, Instability, Morton's Neuroma, Nail fungus, Pediatric curly toes, Pediatric in-toe gait (pigeon toe), Plantar fasciitis/heel pain, Sesamoiditis, Shin splints, Warts.

21 - 40 (of 689) questions
NEWEST
ACTIVE
Hello I have a non healing foot fracture. I have been wearing a walking boot air cast since sept. I did 2 mri tests and 1 ct scan. My doc thinks osteonecrosis is possible. My questions are why can't osteonecrosis be determined? If I d...
takeme2thebeach | Last answer
Hi, I have acute peroneal tendonitis following an inversion sprain 12 days ago. My foot feels alright in the mornings, just a little stiff (after being rested all night) but is very painful towards the end of the day, particularly if ...
blueopal | Last answer
has the Arizona brace been proven useful in end stage pttd and charcot foot, and would they still work if the feet were severely flat?
maboo | Last answer
Bipartite tibial sesamoid with minimal stress related changes across synchondrosis, what does this mean and what treatment is possible
Bigorach54 | Last answer
Some 11 years ago, my wife had moulds made of her feet to produce a set of custom orthotics. I think these moulds were made too long ago and no longer accurately reflect the shape of her feet. I think she needs to have a fresh set of m...
StringsAndVerses | Last answer
1522230_tn?1291212431
3 months ago I was operated - numerous heel bone fractures in the left foot (titanium plate was put to fix the heel), 2-part fractured heel bone in the right foot (fixed by screw)plus talus fracture and metetersal fracture. 2 weeks aft...
Milesta | Last answer
Dear Dr. Do: My left foot was swollen for the past full month. It start from no apparent reason, then slowly spread to all joints of my foot, top and bottom (sole). My uric acid level is 6.8 and I was prescribed Colchicine 0.6 mg. Th...
khanlee | Last answer
One of my nails got ingrown. After a while, the condition cleared, but some proud flesh left on the side where the nail was ingrown. It doesn't hurt, doesn't bleed, isn't red or anything, it just isn't aesthetic and it has a tiny black d...
A001 | Last answer
I have unexplained pain in a straight path from the top of my foot to just above the inside of my knee. It feels like the tendons are being pulled and ripped apart, scraped even. It started yesterday (not exercising, just walking) and wo...
kevamy1107 | Last answer
Can anyone tell me what the condition is for my feet because they constantly smell bad especially after I wear shoes. they also sweat a lot which im sure is part of the reason that they smell so bad and they also really itch. Red marks s...
Rip09 | Last answer
I have a question. I have a lump that seems attached to the bone on the top of my foot. (From the diagram I looked up it seems to be on the 2nd cuneiform) it does not move and by that I mean it feels like it is anchored to the bone, it h...
wondering790 | Last answer
I have broken my two baby toes and 2nd to last toe several times. One of my baby toes is pretty deformed as a result. I no longer have toe nails on either of my baby toes, I suspect from wearing tight fitting, pointy toed high heels fo...
MissNashville | Last answer
This particularly started when I was stomping around at a concert one night (a heavy metal show). I noticed the pain the next morning and maybe it's just incidental. But, my doctor told me I had plantar fasciitis. I am overweight, and am...
nebm413 | Last answer
I have an arthrodesis (big toe joint fused) almost 5 months ago. Most of the swelling is gone, but the foot still hurts a little to walk on (the whole point of surgery). In the past month or two the 2nd toe has started to slide under t...
Limpersomemore | Last answer
My 3 yr old boy's been complaining about strange feeling between his toes for a quite a while now. Last year when he couldn't really talk, I assumed it was "pain" sensation and asked his pediatrician and was told sometimes after a physi...
moody73girl | Last answer
I have a yellowish area under my big toenail (~50% of the area). When cutting my nails it seemed like there was white/yellow debris in this area. I found that I could "scoop" it out all the way back to where the nail turns pink again...
Toby1001 | Last answer
1524708_tn?1312002093
I have three issues regarding my feet. My right arch is high and causes a great deal of pain and the protruding ankle bone is more protruding than the left. I have a jammed toe on my left foot, which has been so for more than a year now....
LMHKY79 | Last answer
A few months ago I got what looks like a blister/callous. The bump didn't look like anything serious so I left it alone. But then it started to hurt; the sensation is similar to stepping on something sharp. The pain comes and goes. Again...
snuffles3 | Last answer
Background: high arch, walk as if flat footed and toe to heel, take coumadin and synthroid, 34 yrs old, lost 87 pounds so far, I experience a sharp pain either in ball of foot, in arch of foot or whole foot as if walking on pins and ...
dee2010976 | Last answer
1512300_tn?1290301918
Jumped off of a flat bed truck over two weeks ago, and my metatarsal area is still in tremendous pain. Oddley enough, the pain is most severe in the morning. I thought this was a bruised bone, but I find myself avoiding parking lots and ...
hoz4 | Last answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
Marathon Running Done Over Many Yea...
May 21 by John C Hagan III, MD, FACS, FAAOBlank