Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close
148354 tn?1211233906

Sharp rectal pain-female questions

28 yr old female,A few times a day/night I experience sharp shooting rectal pain (not during bowel movements)no bleeding its severe last few mins.Could it be external hemorrhoid causing so much pain? have constant pressure for bowel movement (even after laxative,or a good bowel movement,never feel "done")also have right enlarged ovary (golf ball size)that contains a 1.9 complex cyst (marble size) could enlarged ovary also be considered for rectal pain or pressure? also been told have minor rectal prolapse,because of this, bowel movements take me a long time to complete which results prolong sitting on toilet (over a hour ) because  soft stool becomes "stuck" sorry to be graphic,high fiber diet dont help or laxative.The rectal pain and pressure gets worse around my period,and sitting is painful.Any ways to ease the pain? I try prep H,dont help,or sitz baths,Anyone else experience this? any advice appreciated,ty!
                           Stephanie
4 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
any  of the OTC medication will neutralise gas such as alka selzer,baking soda,gas x,even chewing gum makes you salivate and it contains bicarbonate which will neutralise gas when you swallow it.
Helpful - 0
do you know if you may have endemetriosis? A side effect of that is the sharp pains in the area you are referring to, esp. during your period. Although that cyst could be causing you to have that pain I suppose.

Also - you may want to talk to a Gastro Doc or your regular DR to see if you have some other problems like IBS, celiac, crohns, etc etc -- the trouble you're having with your BM's is not normal. I would look further into this, hopefully you'll feel better!
Helpful - 0
It is not normal,you better go see a doctor.
Helpful - 0
148354 tn?1211233906
also forgot to add with rectal pain/pressure I cant pass gas,stomach becomes bloated with loud constant stomach/bowel rumbling,trapped gas is painful,is this normal?
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Gastroenterology Community

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn which OTC medications can help relieve your digestive troubles.
Is a gluten-free diet right for you?
Discover common causes of and remedies for heartburn.
This common yet mysterious bowel condition plagues millions of Americans
Don't get burned again. Banish nighttime heartburn with these quick tips
Get answers to your top questions about this pervasive digestive problem