Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Smelling bad even after visiting restroom.

My problem is that i smell bad. I need to travel for 1 and half  hours to and from office. Even after going to the restroom, i cannot travel to office in the morning without smelling bad. I have tried going to the restroom twice before leaving for office. But this does not help too. I eat a little to make sure my stomach is not empty.

A lot of gas passes out through anus each time i go to the restroom. Even while i am sitting or walking, gas leaves through anus.

... and this situation continues in the office too where i leave my seat to take a walk.

I do not have milk products or fatty products as per doctor's advice. but it's been an year now.

I cannot travel in vehicles with closed windows or sit in rooms without any ventilation.

Thanks.
2 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Sounds to me like you could really benifit from some good bacteria and enzymes. Most times problems like yours occur when food is not fully digested. Nutrilite is the leading supplement company out there that offers products that would help you to restore the proper balance you need.
www.choices4u.wwdb.biz
When you get to the website click health you will find Nutrilite products there. I highly recommend a product called Intestiflora for one month. My husband had IBS and this product restored his GOOD bacteria. We then got the digestive Enzymes to help break down his food and it helped him alot. This products sku # is A-8903. Typing the sku #in the search bar seems to be the best way to find it. I really believe this is the best place for you to start. Let me know how your results are. I bet this will do the trick.
sincerly, Zoelife.
Helpful - 0
Dear gas person,
This website has plenty of information about gas:
http://www.aboutincontinence.org/Gas.html
It has info about what to do about odor.

Since you go to the bathroom in the morning, try getting up early enough to take a shower afterwards, as body sweat can carry odor.

I think that hour-long ride is rough on your gas problem, because your body and thus your intestines sit still for so long.  So, if you could get to work a little early, you could do a fairly lengthy walk to let the gas pass from sitting in the car.  Even a little stretching might help.

Regular exercise in general will help your bowels move better and expel more fully and the gas with it.  And as you know, being stressed out about this problem may make it worse, so it's important that you do things that will keep you relaxed, which exercise does, as well as resting well in the evenings.  

Also, during the day, drink a little extra water, to keep your bowels looser and less dry. And eating out in general causes gas, unless it's a light sandwich or soup and crackers.  And don't drink sodas at work.  The sugar and fizz create gas and tummy upset.

When you get home from your long ride back, do some stretching or another walk.  Wait a little while before you eat dinner and then rest a little while after you eat.

I hope you can get more comfortable with this gas thing.  
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Gastroenterology Community

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn which OTC medications can help relieve your digestive troubles.
Is a gluten-free diet right for you?
Discover common causes of and remedies for heartburn.
This common yet mysterious bowel condition plagues millions of Americans
Don't get burned again. Banish nighttime heartburn with these quick tips
Get answers to your top questions about this pervasive digestive problem