Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close
186166 tn?1385259382

HIDA SCAN

HAD MY HIDA SCAN THIS MORNING...WAS A LITTLE AGITATED AT FIRST SINCE IT WAS AT 7:15 A.M.  THAT TURNED OUT TO BE A BLESSING IN DISGUISE.  THE TEST TOOK AN HOUR AND A HALF...AN HOUR AND A HALF OF LOOKING AT A MACHINE RIGHT ABOVE MY FACE.  WELL, THIS IS WHERE THE BLESSING CAME IN...IT WAS 7:15...I PRETTY MUCH SLEPT THROUGH THE WHOLE THING.

THE LAST INJECTION WAS A LITTLE ROUGH...BOY WAS I NAUSEATED...THOUGHT I WAS GOING TO LOOSE IT...GOOD THING IS THAT THE FEELING LASTED ONLY AS LONG AS IT TOOK TO SLOWLY GET THE INJECTION...AROUND 2-3 MINUTES.

THE TECH SAID THAT MY DOCTOR SHOULD HAVE THE RESULTS BY WEDNESDAY.  I AM EXTREMELY ANXIOUS TO GET THE RESULTS...JUST SO READY TO START FEELING BETTER.
3 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
82861 tn?1333453911
Hi there!  See - it wasn't so bad after all.  :-)  Since you experienced nausea with the CCK injection, that is one sign of a poorly functioning gallbladder.  Looks like you're on your way to getting the treatment you need.  Congrats!
Helpful - 0
186166 tn?1385259382
THANKS SO MUCH FOR THE INFORMATION YOU SHARED ON MY POSTS.
I REMEMBER YOU TELLING ME ON MY PREVIOUS POST THAT IF I BECAME NAUSEATED DURING THE SCAN THAT MY GALLBLADDER WAS PROBABLY NOT FUNCTIONING CORRECTLY.  SO WHEN I FELT NAUSEATED I SAID TO MYSELF, "THAT'S JUST GREAT", JAYBAY WARNED ME ABOUT THIS". (HE HE)
I WILL LET YOU KNOW HOW GOOD YOU ARE (LOL)
Helpful - 0
82861 tn?1333453911
Thanks for checking back in Lizzie!  I am so hopeful for you that you'll finally get to the bottom of your troubles.  It's such an odd feeling to hope for "bad news" on a test result so you can finally get a diagnosis, get treated and get back to normal living.  You made my day telling me something I wrote helped you be prepared for your test.  Thanks again!  :-)
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Gastroenterology Community

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn which OTC medications can help relieve your digestive troubles.
Is a gluten-free diet right for you?
Discover common causes of and remedies for heartburn.
This common yet mysterious bowel condition plagues millions of Americans
Don't get burned again. Banish nighttime heartburn with these quick tips
Get answers to your top questions about this pervasive digestive problem