Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

IBS and stress

I was wondering, I have IBS and I've been dealing with it for years and I still can't find a good way to reduce stress before i leave the house.  Everytime I need to go somewhere, like the doctors or the vet or even meeting someone i get that urge to go to the bathroom and usually i need to go. I'm just fed up, and wondering if anyone goes through that and what you do to relax before you need to go somewhere.
Thanks
8 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
I'm pretty sure that everything will be fine, those kind of tests are usually done quickly, so hopefully it's done fast enough but surely good enough to find out whats wrong.
Hope you get better.
Helpful - 0
Hey :)  Just wanted to see how your doing?  I'm hoping your feeling good.

This coming week is my colonoscopy and sonogram.  Hopefully everything comes out ok....maybe I have an ovarian cyst or something.....

Your still in my thoughts

Hope
Helpful - 0
That would be so wonderful if they could just give me antibiotics for my appendix, but I still have to wait until then, but for sure if bad pain comes, I'm going straight to the ER. I just can't afford time off of my job, so I'm hoping for a different remedy than the surgery. Thanks talk to you later.
Helpful - 0
For my appendix, I still have to wait until March 23 to find out whats wrong. PLus I haven't had any big issue yet, so I'm being patient. Also I'm hoping that my appendix is not that bad, 'cause I gotta move on May 1st,and i can't afford missing work and i need to be capable to lift boxes. But I will keep everyone posted as soon as I know whats going on.
Helpful - 0
I tried to give myself a certain time to have a bm but it doesn't always happen and sometimes i still go when I get nervous, like if I have to do something spontanious, well I just don't do it because I get afraid. If a friend calls me to just get dress and for shopping I allways have to refuse. To go to work though it's not that bad, I think its because I go there 5 days a week so I don't get nervous. I simply need to talk to my gastro dr. maybe he knows what I can do for meds.
Helpful - 0
Did they put you on antibiotics?  I read on the web if your appendix is just mildly inflamed they can put you on antibiotics sometimes that will clear up the inflammation and return it to normal.

Just a thought, your in my thoughts
Helpful - 0
Have you seen your Dr yet concerning your inflamed appendix?  Because of my situation I'm watching your posts VERY carefully.

Let me know how your feeling.

As for IBS and stress, cannot help you out there.  I was never diagnosed with IBS.....but that is the road my Dr is taking me down due to my stomach pains.

Hope
Helpful - 0
148354 tn?1211233906
I use to do same thing.It is always linked to stress! what I did is "train" my bowels,setting a specfic time of day,it took few days, but eventually it worked,designating a specfic time to use bathroom helped me to establish predicability and gain control.I picked morning (after breakfast) and cup of coffee (seems to stimulate bowel movement)I give myself enough time before I have to start my day..dr appt's,work,shopping...
  I also went on low dose (10 mg) paxil for the stress/anxiety issues,that also helped alot,and it has been linked to helping patients with IBS.I took at night so I slept during side effects (drowsy/nausea)but as your body adjust side effects are not bad.Something you might want to give a try.Good luck
                       Stephanie
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Gastroenterology Community

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn which OTC medications can help relieve your digestive troubles.
Is a gluten-free diet right for you?
Discover common causes of and remedies for heartburn.
This common yet mysterious bowel condition plagues millions of Americans
Don't get burned again. Banish nighttime heartburn with these quick tips
Get answers to your top questions about this pervasive digestive problem