Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Poll Please EVERYONE Answer! ;)

I have been reading many post and most people mention that they been having stomach problems for years...Has anyone in here had a stomach of steel and outta nowhere constant abdominal pain ibs ibs? please tell!
9 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
198942 tn?1236316304
Im the same as Ms Makita Ive had IBS for years and now I am Diagnosed with gall stones!! Not sure whats worse!!!

But stress is definatly the  trigger for my symptoms!!
Does anyone take anything from their doctor to avoid stress and anxiety that helped with their IBS??
Helpful - 0
See my post I just made - YEs I've had a stomach of Steel could eat/drink anything - now I'm a pile of mysery. GL everyone =(
Helpful - 0
148354 tn?1211233906
Hi! I'm 29 yrs old, I had stomach/bowel problem for years..daily discomfort of IBS,not really painful,just excess gas/nausea,alternating bowel movements but never lost my appetite till now since I learned have gallstones and been having alot of pain with it that sends me to er..never experienced severe pain like this so I believe it is gallbladder and not IBS as my dr is blowing it off,so far 2 surgeons refused to take gallbladder out(normal colonscopy..many normal test) I lost 100lbs (220lbs to 130lbs) in 8 months because of pain and being afraid to eat..dont let yourself get there,eat whatever you can tolerate.
       What kind of pain/symptoms r u having and what test have you had to rule out other disorders? Good Luck to ya,
                                      Stephanie

Helpful - 0
193245 tn?1189989722
Good luck to you.  My anxiety problem presented itself in the stomach: bloating, nausea, weird BM, never could tell if I was hungry or not.  Life isn't easy that way.
Helpful - 0
I have had IBS for six months.  I am miserable.  I do not have tummy pain.  I have nausea, bloating, diarrhea, no appetite.  I have had a lot of tests, which show no abnormality.  They gave me a medicine that helps a lot.  I am trying to learn to live with it.  
Helpful - 0
193245 tn?1189989722
I don't know.

I literally had stomach problems to some degree even since I was a little kid.  They were manageable until my gallbladder went bad, which happened over the course of a few months in late 2004.  I'd consider that pretty sudden.  

So I've never had one of these "stomachs of steel" and probably can't be much help to you.  Haha...the only reason I responded is b/c you'd asked for everyone to respond.

I have one idea that may or may not have anything to do with your problem: anxiety/depression.  Look into it.  Anxiety can really wreak havoc on a digestive system...I know that first hand.

The only other advice I can give you is to change doctors.  Every doctor is different; they all have different approaches and different ideas.  Medicine is as much an art as it is a science.

Good luck.
Helpful - 0
193245 tn?1189989722
Nope, not really.  My stomach problems came on very gradually, and then suddenly got much worse when my gallbladder went bad.  But I didn't have much abdominal pain with that.
Helpful - 0
Debaser
Thank 4 the reply was it months or over the years? Did you have prior history of stomach issues or was it the first time? I'm just tryin 2 figure out how a person can go from stomach of steel to scared 2 eat?! I wonder what the underlying issue is since my doctor says there isn't one...I refuse 2 believe that! Tell me anything please!
Thanks;)
Helpful - 0
lol yah i have a stomach like a gota and have had ibs for the past 5 years and now i might have to have my gall bladder taken out because of other symptons
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Gastroenterology Community

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn which OTC medications can help relieve your digestive troubles.
Is a gluten-free diet right for you?
Discover common causes of and remedies for heartburn.
This common yet mysterious bowel condition plagues millions of Americans
Don't get burned again. Banish nighttime heartburn with these quick tips
Get answers to your top questions about this pervasive digestive problem