Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

I'm at my wit's end - and so is my husband

September this year.  I wake up on a Sunday with the most horrible lower right quad pain.  Last year I had my ovary taken due to a huge cyst, and edometriosis.  so I know it's not that anymore.  I go to ER they dope me up and send me home (normal blood work, UA and no fever)
the pain persists but not bad.  I start getting horrible stomach cramps. Very strange - I have an Upper GI and test for H. Pylori. Lower Endo of which a polyp was removed.  Hida Scan, Ultra sound and 2 cat scans. Test for a couple hepatits, and CBC's and blood panels. ALL normal. Prescribes Flaygyl.  Poisons me.  HORRIBLE stuff. I take Cipro on my own (had some from soemthing else - full prescription)  and Voila! cramps stop. About 2 weeks go by and I start to feel bad. FLu-like. My ribs start to hurt. My belly starts to swell. and that damned lower RQ pain. I go to the Clinic to get some Zithromax for this stupid swelling in my clogged Salivary gland. guess what? BAD flu-like symptoms go away!.....then it comes back. WORSE.  I feel like I'm dying - my head is spinning, I have a weird "burning?" when I breathe  My RIBS and sternum - only in the front are KILLING me. My joints ache, my head spins, my stomach is getting nauseated, and I have general pain and discomfort most the time. Sometimes in the Lower RQ and most of the time in the upper part under my rib cage, AND my ribs and sternum. DOctor prescribes me Doxycyclene and Cipro again. Bleh dosesn't help much - maybe a little. I started this week taking some good vitamins along with 2 fish oil capsules. I don't feel AS crappy.    Now I have had a NEW symptom (YAY) show up.....My tounge is white with these funny red spots. IT's like the taste buds are gone in a some places and it HURTS. it seems swollen, too. One doc wants another CAT scan and possible surgery?? (Exploratory)  another is stumped and dosn't know what to do. NOW WHAT (running out of room.....)

3 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
82861 tn?1333453911
Don't know about your other symptoms, but the tongue business sounds like you have thrush due to the cipro and other antibiotics - basically a yeast overgrowth.  Diflucan can help get it under control while your taking the cipro, but it probably won't entirely go away until you stop taking antibiotics.
Helpful - 0
You do know that Homeopathetic Medicine is essentially drinking water? It is the placebo effect so if you do decide to take that path try something else much cheaper and believe it will work. It will give you the same results with less money spent.
Helpful - 0
I feel for you.  Many of us are going thru test after test with negative results.  Mine started like yours lower abdominal pain on the right side.  Had blood tests, colonoscopy, sonogram and CTscan.  All of my organs are perfectly healthy.

They just seem to want to run tests and they pump you full of drugs.  I myself am done with Drs.  Im going in Monday because Im still nauseated, no wonder all these tests and drs appts.

I don't know about you, but Im ready to try homeopathic remedies now.  I think all the anxiety from the appts and tests just make our symptoms worse.

Hang in there your not alone.

Hope
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Gastroenterology Community

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn which OTC medications can help relieve your digestive troubles.
Is a gluten-free diet right for you?
Discover common causes of and remedies for heartburn.
This common yet mysterious bowel condition plagues millions of Americans
Don't get burned again. Banish nighttime heartburn with these quick tips
Get answers to your top questions about this pervasive digestive problem