Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

right quadrant abdominal pain and tenderness

For about a week I've had abdominal pain to the right of my naval. It's tender to the touch and the pain radiates to my lower back, kidney and down my thigh. I went to the ER on Wed. night and they did a urinalysis and took an xray. Doctor said I was constipated so he gave me a powerful laxative and sent me home. I "cleaned" out my insides that night and still didn't feel better so I went to the clinic on Saturday morning. Doctor there said my right side was full of poop. OK, I don't understand cause how can that make my abdomen so tender I can't move? So he told me to take colace and if I didn't feel better by monday to come back. STILL didn't feel better yesterday so I went back. He put me on ANOTHER laxative. I have basically gotten rid of everything inside of me. I don't think there is anymore to poop out. LAst night my pain got so bad I went back to the ER. More xrays, blood work, urinalysis. They still don't know whats wrong with me. Sent me home with Pepcid that I won't take cause I know it's not stomach related. Anyone else know what could be going on?
2 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
I'm female, I went to the dr and I have an intestinal blockage....it's been about 2 weeks and I still don't feel better..:( Never have had an abdominal surgery. I'm taking a laxative AND colace....going back to the dr tomorrow to see what they wanna do.
Helpful - 0
82861 tn?1333453911
Are you male or female?  Have you ever had any abdominal surgery?
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Gastroenterology Community

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn which OTC medications can help relieve your digestive troubles.
Is a gluten-free diet right for you?
Discover common causes of and remedies for heartburn.
This common yet mysterious bowel condition plagues millions of Americans
Don't get burned again. Banish nighttime heartburn with these quick tips
Get answers to your top questions about this pervasive digestive problem