Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

abdominal pain felt in chest

I have been suffering from chest-abdomibal pain for four years and none of the doctors can figure it out.  If I touch the left side of abdomen about an inch and a half away from my naval, I will feel terrible pain in my chest.  I also have a chronic ache on the left side.  I have had a CT scan of my abdomen and chest, which were fine, and a scope with ph study which was normal.  I also had a echo which was normal.  The pain is very colicky and comes and goes.  Sometimes it is so bad that if I even touch my abdomen very lightly I will feel chest pain.  The pain can be so awful I cannot move, to mildly annoying.  The pain is ruining my life, I wish I could find an answer, if anyone has any ideas, I would appreciate it.  I also get a lot of muscle cramping in my chest, especially under my breasts, mostly on the left side, but sometimes on the right.  I have recently been tested for celiac disease, but haven't heard back yet.  Thanks!
2 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
i have similar issue too and i'm doctor and i even had an SVT ???? can you imagine that
i did echo , ct abdomen but still same these symptoms present sometimes after meal and some times not meal related , also i feel muscle contractions all over my body , symptoms get improved with meverine (duspitalin) and limptrol (amitryptalin)
but i still has these symptoms on and off . and no doctors i think could imagine. i feel crampy pain , iwhen i auscultate my chest i hear abdominal sound in my chest
my advice to you is take duspatalin+nexium+ amytriptalin as if you are anxious but when you had this symptoms dont think in it and forget it , and dont think too much in it as it maty cause to palpitation and panic disorder.
Helpful - 0
82861 tn?1333453911
I'll be interested to see what your celiac results turn up.  If a GI cause has been ruled out, I wonder if you've considered seeing a neurologist?  It almost sounds like some kind of a nerve issue rather than a gastro issue.  Just a thought!
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Gastroenterology Community

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn which OTC medications can help relieve your digestive troubles.
Is a gluten-free diet right for you?
Discover common causes of and remedies for heartburn.
This common yet mysterious bowel condition plagues millions of Americans
Don't get burned again. Banish nighttime heartburn with these quick tips
Get answers to your top questions about this pervasive digestive problem