Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Squish right under left rib cage...

I have been having a host of GI problems since January, and now I have this weird squish noise coming out of right below where my left rib cage ends. I'm scheduled for a full colonoscopy AND an endoscopy at the beginning of May.

Has anyone ever heard of this? It feels like there's a hallow balloon or something there that makes squishy, farty sound when I push on it. It doesn't hurt.
4 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
old thread, but I've been having the same problem... I feel/hear a squishing/gurgling sounds under the left ribs.

has anyone figured out what it was?

I also have some acid reflux issues....just wondering if there is a connection.

thanks
Helpful - 0
Correction: My hiatal hernia was seen on CAT scans...not an MRI
Helpful - 0
I also have what I call a gurgling sound beneath my left ribs. I especially hear the noise when I bend over to pick something up.  Sometimes but not always I can hear the sound when I purposely distend my abdomen or lean forward.  I am wondering if the sound could be coming from a hiatal hernia but I do not know exactly where or how it is located.  The size had increased (shown on a recent MRI) from small to moderate to moderate to large within two years. So far the doctors look at me like I'm nuts and offer no explanation.   I am a colon cancer survivor of 11 years and when I had my original surgery a lot of the diverticuli was removed with the colon resection.I still have occasional problems with painful swelling in my left side (usually related to my diet) but this symptom for the past year is definitely something different and I know is not trapped gas or indigestion.
Helpful - 0
Sounds like you've got some gas trapped somewhere. I get that if I drink soda lying down. Try drinking some soda, possibly ginger ale, and burping a lot.

Might possibly be an internal hernia as well with gas getting trapped.
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Gastroenterology Community

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn which OTC medications can help relieve your digestive troubles.
Is a gluten-free diet right for you?
Discover common causes of and remedies for heartburn.
This common yet mysterious bowel condition plagues millions of Americans
Don't get burned again. Banish nighttime heartburn with these quick tips
Get answers to your top questions about this pervasive digestive problem