Aa
A
A
Close

Gastrointestinal Stromal Tumor Community (GIST) Community

WELCOME TO THE COMMUNITY: This Patient-To-Patient Community is for discussions and support relating to Causes, Clinical Trials, Complications, Diagnosis, Living With Issues, Prognosis, Questions to Ask Your Doctor and Treatment Options for GIST.

1 - 20 (of 50) questions
NEWEST
ACTIVE
Hi. My husband has been battling GIST and last year had sugery to remove the tumor and was taking GLEEVEC to shrink the tumor.. and they said the prognosis is great and doesnt look like it will return. Unfortunately it has returne...
candoll84 | Last answer
Hi Doctor My Son was born without a Motion Hole . A surgery was undertaken and till the age of 2.5 the motion came out through the stomach . After 2.5 years again a surgery was done and an artificial Motion hole was made. After th...
Antokins | Posted
My mother was recently admitted to the ER having severe stomach pains and vomiting. They did a CT on her Abdomen & Pelvis and in the end told her she had Diverticulitis. We were looking at paperwork of the CT results and came across some...
SnookerPhil | Posted
My partner has had stomach gist removed in early 2012. They suspected it had ruptured before removal so they put her on Gleevec. After a year and a half she is still having sevre nausea. Has anyone else suffered side effects this long T...
Andymano | Last answer
Hello, I'm 34. Just wondering if anyone has had their periods play up after a gist removal? My was removed 8 months ago and now my periods last for nearly two weeks each time. I'm not on any chemo. Thanks for your help!
nesard | Posted
I've suffered from abdominal pain attacks for about 10 years (I'm 39). I get anywhere from 2-5 attacks per year. The pain is located under my right rib cage so it is closest to my gallbladder by my estimation. During pain, if I press ...
cpad007 | Last answer
12544849_tn?1425872050
My name is Ashley, I am 19 years old. My fiance and I are very concerned about my well-being. Over the past years it has progressed and gotten worse. It gets so frustrating and we don't understand why its happening to me.. I have gone to...
atcheeb | Posted
dear sir. i just done an endoscopy 2 month a go. i want to ask my doctor, but he went oversea. This is my result from endoscopy : Biopsy at antrum is -ve H.pylori. gastritis with H. pylori -ve . can you tell me, do i have H. py...
worry8888 | Posted
Hello, I had a colonoscopy in December 2013, since my older sister of 35 years was diagnosed last year with stage 4 colon cancer. The colonoscopy resulted clear. Three weeks ago, I had rectal bleeding for two days straight,each time af...
rita1984 | Last answer
Hello i am 17 years old. For the past few Months i have had Strange bowel movements, changing from runny poop to normal poop/ Yellow poops etc. I have a lot of gas in my stomach i burp and fart alot, My poop smells really bad also. In my...
maddox_jr | Posted
Over the past year I've had excessive weight gain. Normally I weigh between 125-140lbs and I'm 5'9. I've always been skinny. I currently weigh 185lbs but my body feels swollen. I experience distended stomach often and soft smelly stools....
Mlglove | Posted
I had the protected sex 10 months back any my IGG test are negative for both type of herpes at 16 weeks . But I have burning sensation on my penis for last 2 months Does it sound herpes?
worryman67 | Posted
Hi. can someone answer me this question... My dad has gist cancer. he removed the first tumor 6 years ago. and this last year he is been alot worse. He have 11 tumors in his abdome and had some infektion. he is imune to the glivec medic...
bjerke | Last answer
Hi , I'm a 41 yr. old female in very good health and no pre - existing medical conditions. I have had severe abdominal attacks since I was about 23 years old. They come on with little warning -i have bloating and a mild headache, and ...
Momo70 | Last answer
I had a gist tumor removed from my stomach 3 weeks ago. I had been progressing well, but last week, I began having a stabbing pain in my stomach and directly behind in my back. The surgeon said not to worry and gave me a few pain pills. ...
Tbelvin | Last answer
On sunday I ate meat that was undercooked it had a lil bit of pink parts in it. After 36 hrs .. I started with watery diarrhea. And follow by nausea n vomiting. I started drinking water gatoraid. I didn't eat anything. I was just poopi...
nirvana1234 | Last answer
1138687_tn?1360980244
Hi everyone, I have been having a stomach bug for 2 weeks now, and am wondering if someone might know what it sounds like. Two weeks ago, after eating a sandwich that had no meat or dairy in it, maybe a few hrs later I notices I wasn'...
patient49 | Last answer
My dad has lived a good life until oct 17 2013 due to stroke. He slept 12 hours a day before the stroke. Any advice out there how tough his rehab should be? They have him on lexapro but maybe Ritalin be better from what I read here. How...
Mars789 | Last answer
Hello everybody, Thanks for taking the time to read. Anyways, today I was eating some 100% real maple syrup from the store. When I poured it onto my food I took a bite of it. Unfortunately after I took that bite I noticed little whit...
Aloysius123 | Last answer
My husband has been on gleevec since a very large tumor was removed 5 years ago. His latest CT scan showed 4 tumors, one being larger. He has had such horrible side effects from the drug, he has decided to go off it. The last CT sca...
sandy235 | Posted
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Gastrointestinal Stromal Tumor Community (GIST) Community Resources