Aa
A
A
Close

General Surgery Community

This is a support forum for questions and discussions relating to: Abdomen, Breast, Chest, Complications, Extremities, Head and Neck, Hematology, Incisions, Infections, Laparoscopy, Lungs and Respiratory Tract, OBGYN, Oncology, Post Operative Management, Pre Operative Issues, Radiology Renal, Skin and Wounds, Sutures, Staples and Stitches Urology, and Vessels.

1 - 20 (of 259) questions
NEWEST
ACTIVE
17073640_tn?1453488954
Hi, I have a dear friend named Brittney who has suffered for months with a tunnel wound on her left buttock bear her vagina. She is a paraplegic so she's in bed or in her chair all the time. She had to wait weeks for a wound care docto...
DeweyDoo | Last answer
I had gallbladder surgery back in August and now these last two months I have been sick randomly just twice now. Starts with these nasty burps and then goes to vomiting to diarrhea. I just need to know why my body is doing this I think b...
misdozier | Last answer
After stepping on a few shard of glass they penetrated the skin of my right foot. Not able to see them I waited for them to work themselves out. They went in. For almost two years I have 2 or 3 small shards of glass that causes me modera...
marcos9999 | Last answer
Hello and thank you for your time. I am 24 years old and have been getting "jolt" like pains in my head that last for only a split second. Along with these pains i feel pressure in my head and tingling and burning in the back of my arms ...
Travis0727 | Last answer
I am due to have surgery Dec. 30th and due to an infection I have to have my knee replacement taken out and a spacer put it until the infection is gone then I will get another replacement. It is not that the surgery scares me but conside...
nwf477 | Posted
I had a SLAP surgery and the Dr. Did not do the procedure correctly; I now have 2 missing anchors in my body. The second doctor went in to remove the anchors and they are no where to be found. He proceeded to repair the SLAP and place 3 ...
paintgirlinc | Posted
Hi, on 20 th Nov,2015 my doctor did operation of Ischiorectal abscess operation in my left butt. For the first 1 week i did 3 times dressing. Now Doctor saying to do 1 time and 3 times sit on hot water. I can sit. All times I have to lay...
Mridulghosh | Posted
I was born with a birth defect, im unsure of the medical term but i was born without an index finger. The therory is my three fingers (index, middle, and ring finger) on my left hand were rapped around my mothers umbilical cord when i wa...
Patty7813 | Posted
I was in a car accident Feb2012. My sternum is broken according to the CT SCAN the sternum is undisplaced. It's extremely painful especially when the weather is cold or overcast, cold areas(fridges) in supermarkets and difficult on bre...
Ngwane | Last answer
3 years ago I had Microfracture done on the my left knee. In May of this year I had OATS done on the same knee. What was found was a full-thickness (bone on bone) tear in my medial femoral condyle about the size of a dime I believe or ...
wouldlikeyourhelp | Last answer
I'm 46 years old and has not had a check-up in the last year. Now I require surgery for gallstones and the surgeon's office just told me that no pre-operative blood work is necessary.  That doesn't seem right to me.  Is a general bloo...
Criss66 | Last answer
I was undergoing a routine neck procedure and my heart rate dropped to 18bpm. I'm wrestling with what to do with this information. Obviously something went terribly wrong and by everything I've read I'm lucky to be alive. How do I pro...
Cuphook | Last answer
I had tympanoplasty surgery 9 days ago. Everything seemed fine until today I was driving and cranked my neck to reverse. There was a pop in my ear, and I felt like the packing moved and I could hear clearly. I shoved the cotton back in. ...
JessLynn204 | Last answer
16044119_tn?1444884157
Has anyone has ever tried to get rhinoplasty surgery? Tomorrow is my surgery in Rhinoplasty Centre in Toronto and I’m very excited. Besides all excitement I’m pretty much nervous too. I have no idea on how painful this procedure actually...
changychang | Last answer
1378381_tn?1444869615
Okay so a bit about the surgery. - surgery was done on the 8th June 2015. Lasted 2hours. Top jaw only. Moved forward 6mm, up 2mm, to the side 1mm (unsure which direction). Complications - sinus infections. Sinus infection at 4week mark...
elliesmithy | Last answer
First off, I'm so sorry this is so long but the details are important. Labor day weekend I left work early with a tummy ache and dizziness. I had some diarrhea and just couldn't shake the dizziness so I went to bed. Woke up the following...
NoMorePain23 | Last answer
I am a girl. So it has been almost 3 months after my appendix surgery, and my gynecologist while examinating me said I have huge adhesions. It affected my bladder (at least that's what she said). Soon I am seeing my boyfriend and I was w...
amebowata | Last answer
Recently, I was feeling pain to the right sternum under my breasts when I eat anything. I sometimes feel it when I’m eating and the pain goes up my sternum across the front of the chest to the right shoulder and neck. I consulted my GP w...
cristina3jones | Last answer
I got into a surgery to remove gallbladder,which went good ,after couple of days of constipation which was normal condition after the surgery I developed diarrhea . It's watery and loose ,2 - 3 times per day I get it after I wake up ,...
mahmoud_yosef | Posted
I had surgery almost 2 weeks ago and in my left side is itching so bad I just want to scratch so hard ,Y Iam I so itchy
ssucano69 | Last answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
General Surgery Community Resources