Aa
A
A
Close

General Surgery Community

This is a support forum for questions and discussions relating to: Abdomen, Breast, Chest, Complications, Extremities, Head and Neck, Hematology, Incisions, Infections, Laparoscopy, Lungs and Respiratory Tract, OBGYN, Oncology, Post Operative Management, Pre Operative Issues, Radiology Renal, Skin and Wounds, Sutures, Staples and Stitches Urology, and Vessels.

21 - 40 (of 259) questions
NEWEST
ACTIVE
I went to my orthopedic today because of knee pain and after my xray and looking over my medical records he decided I needed to go under the knife again for my right knee this will be my 4th surgery. . So far I've had one in 2012,13,14 a...
Allies2733 | Last answer
I had a lateral release done 2wks ago.. I just got stitches out and a brace fitted.. I forgot to ask before I left to ask if wearing always implied that I sleep with it or if I can just wrap it.. does anyone know
Allies2733 | Posted
I have no idea where this problem should be catergories so I post it here. I went to a surgery to remove abcess in my right buttock, but mid way though recovery the clinic nurse spot a wound tunnel. I would call the time when tunnel i...
k6996 | Last answer
Hi, I am 32 years of Age.i am healing from anal fissure.from couple of week i have been noticing two lumps on anus opening at 3 o clock position and 9 o clock position.when i goto Bowel movement left lump swells to pea sized and right lu...
rashme4321 | Posted
I had an open colon resection done June 22nd and for the past week have done nothing but vomit. The surgeon is saying it's a virus but I have barely even been able to eat anything at all since the surgery. They took all of my sigmoid and...
7 days ago I had a cyst removed in the area between my testicles and anus. I had 8 stitches in an incision that is about 2 inches long. Sometime in the past 48 hours 4 of the stitched came undone and now I have an opening about the size ...
sjclark | Posted
I broke my patella in 4 pieces dec 2 2014. Had the surgery. Was immobilized 12 weeks. Been going to pt religiously. I seemed to be doing great until about 1 month ago. I am at 125 degrees. Other knee is 145... But now my knee hurts 24/7....
Abro1000 | Last answer
VSD
I am 16 and have a VSD that is 4 mm. I went to the cardiologist last week and he said it's leaking a bit, I will need another check up in 6 months, if it doesn't improve, I will need surgery and I'm scared because people can die from he...
Trina_TL | Posted
Hello.. For last 4 weeks I am having an abscess in my perineum area. Though it's not very painful, it makes discomfort as it drains sometimes from a small tear...and it smells really bad making the inner wears dirty smell. Actually the...
raaz2 | Posted
Long story short, after severely dislocating my elbow last November during a snowboard accident, chronic dislocations have completely torn my ulnar collateral ligament (UCL). Surgery is my only option to keep my elbow from dislocating un...
Johnny_Tom | Posted
Dear Health Professional, I had a surgery 3 weeks ago for a pilonidal cyst that has been now removed, however they stitched it and after they removed the stitches, the wound was left open to heal. Apparently, "The doctor gave it a sh...
dylaneftimoff | Posted
Dear Expert please advise I am 30 yrs old female I have pain in my right Breast. Ultrascan results shows as below: An Ill defined hypoechoic leision is seen in 6 o clock position with irregular borders. The lesion measures approx 12x13m...
Amreen123 | Posted
Hi guys. I've not heard of many people having this surgery but any help is greatly appreciated. Not gonna bore you with the whole story but basically a year ago I under went key key hole surgery to clear dead scar tissue and inflammatio...
mlkdawe9188 | Last answer
hi! Is it possible to change the shape of a head, for adult ?
voipp | Last answer
my big toe cut when i was 10yrs old now i'm 26 yrs i want to implant a toe i want to guide me how, where i can do it
rejae | Posted
i recently had a mri on my thoracic spine which revealed two 2mm bulges one on the T8-9 and the other on the T11-12 , could this be a reason for my middle back aches? ive had a Dr. say that it shouldnt be causing my pain then ive another...
avilamember1115 | Last answer
Hello, I suffered a Achilles injury a while back. I am not sure if I should get surgery or not. I have read periodicals and things online saying that surgery isn't required if you have a aggressive rehab process. I would just like to kno...
kaijking | Posted
Hello. I had an infected ingrown toenail surgically removed at a podiatrist a little under one month ago. Now, the area is clearly infected with yellow pus, a lot of swelling, clear oozing, redness and purpleness, a lot of pain with an...
Mmm99 | Last answer
Hi, It's been discovered that I have an ovarian dermoid cyst. I was sexually active about 2-2 1/2 years ago. If I have the surgery and send the cyst for biopsy is it possible that this indescretion may be revealed. I am unmarried and onl...
pcodprob | Last answer
Hi. Any suggestion regarding good general surgery books, that describes in detail surgical procedures? Thanks
franklyn2 | Posted
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
General Surgery Community Resources