Aa
A
A
Close

General Surgery Community

This is a support forum for questions and discussions relating to: Abdomen, Breast, Chest, Complications, Extremities, Head and Neck, Hematology, Incisions, Infections, Laparoscopy, Lungs and Respiratory Tract, OBGYN, Oncology, Post Operative Management, Pre Operative Issues, Radiology Renal, Skin and Wounds, Sutures, Staples and Stitches Urology, and Vessels.

61 - 80 (of 270) questions
NEWEST
ACTIVE
I understand I am jumping the gun but just a little worried. I am in the Navy and worried about my career. I had a small surgery performed on my right foot a little less then a year ago. It was a planter fascia release on right foot. Af...
  Posted
I understand I am jumping the gun but just a little worried. I am in the Navy and worried about my career. I had a small surgery performed on my right foot a little less then a year ago. It was a planter fascia release on right foot. Af...
  Posted
Couldn't find the exact place to post this. I fell almost 2 months ago and landed on the corner of the tub which caused a massive hematoma above my hip on the left side of my abdomen. It is the size of a child's head around 13 inches. I ...
  Posted
I had my two lower impacted wisdom teeth removed 9 days ago. When I touch both sides with my tongue there is no pain or weird taste that would indicate dry socket. However, just on my left side there is a constant, throbbing pain that ex...
  Posted
I had ultrasound on my abdomen everything was fine expect that it says I have ring down artifact on my gallbladder and adenomyomatosis. I saw a surgen who said I need to remove my gallbladder. Is anyone familiar with this? And should I g...
  Posted
I have been having attacks of pain in my upper middle and right side for a few years now. I have had ct scans, ultrasounds, and a hida scan, but the results are all normal. Based on my symptoms my gastroenterologist has referred me to a ...
  Posted
I just had my appendix removed about 5 days ago and now I have an air or fluid mass in my testical that I can move up in to where my appendix was and then back down in to my testical at will it is causing me a lot of pain . I called the ...
  Posted
I went to the ER on Sept. 18 with what I thought was a stomach virus, turns out that my appendix needed to be removed due to the amount of inflammation that the CT scan showed. I was given antibiotics for 12 hours and then had my appendi...
  Posted
I am currently on a low-fibre diet after having small bowel obstruction, am finding it quite restrictive. They think the obstruction is due to adhesions. I'm going to have a follow up to see about having it removed laproscopically. I've ...
  Posted
How do you know if an incision & drainage hole is developing a fistula? I have read some scary articles online about how some open wounds develop a tunnel & fistula...how do you know this is happening? I am going to have thw wound chec...
  Posted
Hi.. I am 25 and lift weights moderately to keep fit. I have also recently changed my diet (when this issue first became noticeable). I work in I.T so i am sat down on an office chair inadequately padded for long periods but i do at ...
  Posted
I had another post on here about what happened, but I need advice on the aftercare of an open wound. 3 days ago I went to the er, long story short I had an abscess on the inside of my butt a few inches away from the anus. they lanced i...
  Posted
Last night I wound up in the er for which I thought was a hemorrhoid, turned out to be what the doctor called a perianal abscess or a large zit as he put it. It was a few inches away from the anus but just on the inside of my left buttc...
  Posted
I have a dear friend that I want to help with his situation. Here it is in a nut shell. He is a 56 yr. old man ,weighs any where from 300 pounds to 350 pounds. He has congestive heart & lung failure. Back in 2002 he went into hospital fo...
  Posted
Hello, On April 5, 2013 i had surgery on my left shoulder for torn labrum, some muscle was torn don't know the name, bone spur and frozen shoulder. This was a crush incident that happened resulting in broken hip, pelvic bone and sho...
  Posted
Hello! My grandmother's 73. And she has a pain of her leg. She went to a doctor and did a X-ray diffraction. The doctor saw it, but didn't say in fact. This (http://upyourpic.org/images/201405/c1k2dc8knr.jpg ) is my grandmother's X-ray ...
  Posted
Hi I am 48 years old and was told I needed to have a partial hysterectomy as I have a huge inguinal hernia and a fibroid that grew from 7 cm to 11 cm .I'm wondering if this is my only option .I am otherwise healthy beside having slight a...
  Posted
9623474 tn?1404906029
I'm 19 years old and 4 days ago I've had key hole surgery and had my appendix and cyst removed. Due to the high dose codine I was taking I was becoming very blocked up before and after the surgery. I did not pass a stool for 3 days and t...
  Posted
I had this surgery today and was prescribed oxyneon for pain. I have done research on this drug and I read it should not be prescribed under my circumstances. I'm not sure now if I should take it or not.
  Posted
I recently had surgery under both of my arms for hidradenitis supprativa because of chronic MRSA infections. Within 10 days my incision opened even with the stitches in. It eventually healed then about a month later It opened up again, w...
  Posted
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
General Surgery Community Resources
Top General Health Answerers
144586 tn?1284669764
Blank
caregiver222