Aa
A
A
Close

General Surgery Community

This is a support forum for questions and discussions relating to: Abdomen, Breast, Chest, Complications, Extremities, Head and Neck, Hematology, Incisions, Infections, Laparoscopy, Lungs and Respiratory Tract, OBGYN, Oncology, Post Operative Management, Pre Operative Issues, Radiology Renal, Skin and Wounds, Sutures, Staples and Stitches Urology, and Vessels.

61 - 80 (of 259) questions
NEWEST
ACTIVE
I had another post on here about what happened, but I need advice on the aftercare of an open wound. 3 days ago I went to the er, long story short I had an abscess on the inside of my butt a few inches away from the anus. they lanced i...
Angie1999 | Last answer
Last night I wound up in the er for which I thought was a hemorrhoid, turned out to be what the doctor called a perianal abscess or a large zit as he put it. It was a few inches away from the anus but just on the inside of my left buttc...
Angie1999 | Last answer
I have a dear friend that I want to help with his situation. Here it is in a nut shell. He is a 56 yr. old man ,weighs any where from 300 pounds to 350 pounds. He has congestive heart & lung failure. Back in 2002 he went into hospital fo...
Mjr2121 | Last answer
Hello, On April 5, 2013 i had surgery on my left shoulder for torn labrum, some muscle was torn don't know the name, bone spur and frozen shoulder. This was a crush incident that happened resulting in broken hip, pelvic bone and sho...
AllenMW | Last answer
Hello! My grandmother's 73. And she has a pain of her leg. She went to a doctor and did a X-ray diffraction. The doctor saw it, but didn't say in fact. This (http://upyourpic.org/images/201405/c1k2dc8knr.jpg ) is my grandmother's X-ray ...
fark01 | Last answer
Hi I am 48 years old and was told I needed to have a partial hysterectomy as I have a huge inguinal hernia and a fibroid that grew from 7 cm to 11 cm .I'm wondering if this is my only option .I am otherwise healthy beside having slight a...
sassykat3 | Last answer
9623474_tn?1404906029
I'm 19 years old and 4 days ago I've had key hole surgery and had my appendix and cyst removed. Due to the high dose codine I was taking I was becoming very blocked up before and after the surgery. I did not pass a stool for 3 days and t...
sickofbeingsick94 | Last answer
I had this surgery today and was prescribed oxyneon for pain. I have done research on this drug and I read it should not be prescribed under my circumstances. I'm not sure now if I should take it or not.
cbemm2 | Posted
I recently had surgery under both of my arms for hidradenitis supprativa because of chronic MRSA infections. Within 10 days my incision opened even with the stitches in. It eventually healed then about a month later It opened up again, w...
ruru2244 | Last answer
8256587_tn?1399901106
Hi, I have been having problems with a wound from an iliopsoas tendon release done in June 2011 (over 3 years ago). It was an outpatient procedure and I was given a corticosteroid injection post-op and a local injection of anesthetic was...
Charliixo | Posted
Hi, I had a breast reduction 15 weeks ago, 2 weeks ago I started experiencing pain in both breasts, swollen lymph nodes and a swollen rib. My surgeon doesn't know what could be causing these symptoms. Today my pain has become unbearable,...
Char97 | Last answer
Two months ago, I hit my midfoot really hard on a wooden bed. It was massively swollen, however, i was still able to walk and put weight on it. The next day i went to the ER and took an x ray. The hospital ruled out fracture and told me ...
sunil_nalin | Last answer
I've had a low to moderately high fever for over 2 weeks and delivered 3 weeks ago. I have no signs of infection or any other symptoms but the fever. My CBC showed moderate anemia but nothing else showed up. Anyone go through this? Ple...
Rld333 | Last answer
At the first of the year I sustained a compound fracture to my right/dominate index finger while training for a triathlon. The finger was cut open severing my zone 2 extensor tendon, nerve and artery. The bone at the top right of my midd...
puppychow182 | Posted
I don't know if this is the right community but I do know it has to be removed if you have appendicitis. So ive been having lower abdominal pain for over a day now, and it is kind of a sharp pain, but not really on one side as far as I c...
MxGrl | Last answer
My brother has surgery scheduled for tomorrow but he has a cold. He sounds congested and has a runny nose but he said he doesn't have a fever, his throat is not sore and he feels pretty ok and he thinks he can breathe ok. He told the nur...
Chima7 | Last answer
I broke my kneee last May. It had to be put back together with pins and wires. They are still in there. The doctor said he's going to leave them in unless they become a problem. They are becoming a problem. I can feel them now and i...
Chypre | Last answer
7980653_tn?1395955669
please email me ***@**** if you know what this is..
vanguardworld | Last answer
Dear All, My Aunt had a swelling/growth in the shoulder region. FNAC (Fine Needle Cytology) test was conducted and the report is as follows Gross : Approx 1 ml sticky purulent aspirate Microscopic : The smear shows innumerable ...
Gudddu | Posted
Three weeks ago I had proximal bicep surgery. After one week I woke up with severe pain in my forearm and no strength in my thumb. It's now two weeks later and still have the same issues. what could it be?
Alank84 | Posted
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
General Surgery Community Resources