Genetic Disorders Expert Forum
About This Forum:

Questions in the Genetics Forum are being answered by medical professionals and experts. This forum is for questions and support regarding a person’s predisposition to a variety of medical conditions such as Ashkenazi Jewish Diseases, Bleeding Disorders, Blood Clotting Disorders, Cancer Genetics and Hereditary Cancer Syndromes, Chromosome Abnormalities, Congenital Birth Defects, Cystic Fibrosis, Family History, Fragile X Syndrome, Infertility, Newborn Screening, Rare Genetic Disorders, Prenatal Screening and Testing.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Sort by:
Last Post
Date Started
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
By JSiracuse Blank
I just read an article about Sickle Cell trait and the life threatening effects of athletic overexertion. (Washington...
By monica148 Blank
I am a 61 year old female with breast and thyroid cancer. My older sister was diagnosed with breast cancer at the ag...
By JohnC308 Blank
hi, I'm 18 years old and over the past 2 years ive taken a notice that many things on the right side of my body have ...
By Phaedra05 Blank
My daughter has been undergoing many tests to determine the causes of her problems. Here is her history. Born on ...
Cardinarla1Aug 21, 2009
By Cardinarla1 Blank
I recently had a heart attack. A few years ago my brother had a DVT and didn't respond to coumaden. During my heart...
By nanoffour Blank
I am 51 and earlier this year was hospitalized for 5 emboli. As far as I know there is no family history of such occ...
By kagteacher Blank
I need to be tested for a pre-existing condition in my sister where she had a missing platelet marker on one of her g...
1006003_tn?1256231015
TreeFrog7Aug 17, 2009
By TreeFrog7 Blank
I'm a 44-year-old woman in good general health, and I've wondered for years if Marfan syndrome ran in my family. My d...
By lerchy13 Blank
Both my husband and I are fraternal twins. I also have twins on BOTH sides of my family. Is there anyway to figure ...
By Mylisa84 Blank
Can DeGeorge Sequince " Chromosome 22 Defficiancy" cause Night Terrers and if it does what can be done to ease the ni...
By maddie386 Blank
i was tested for my son on NF useing the gene test. i was told by the doc that i was in a 5% group where the neurofib...
vision1Jun 05, 2010
melpittaMay 07, 2010
By ekssekias Blank
Hello, after 5 miscarriages, we got to know that my husband has a reciprocal translocation between chromosome 11 and ...
By greenesda Blank
My daughter recently tested positive for one copy of the A1298C mutation. She has also been diagnosed PDD NOS. Shou...
By scunha207 Blank
I had a DVT in 2006 at the age of 24. After genetic testing I was informed that I was Compound Heterozygous MTHFR C67...
By jonikins Blank
I'm 25 years old and I have a large cafe au lait spot on my left upper thigh that practically covers the skin from my...
DennaeAug 13, 2009
By Dennae Blank
Hello: I would like to know if skin elasticity is the determining factor in deciding if a patient has EDS. I have m...
AngelDavis09Aug 12, 2009
By whyt_coco_2008 Blank
i am 22 and i have three kids me and my partner want twins i am a faternal twin and his aunt had a set of identical t...
769317_tn?1235024336
SelmaPAug 11, 2009
SelmaPAug 11, 2009
By SelmaP Blank
Persistently looking for the place where the forum can be to write about something that interested me, whether anybod...
By lonebrother Blank
We have the BRCA-1 mutation on my dad's side of the family. Three geneticists claim that the odds of inheriting the m...
726204_tn?1285879778
evo123Aug 11, 2009
By evo123 Blank
I have three daughters aged 1,2 and 7. They all have hypermobile joints (fingers, wrists, elbows, knees, ankles) the...
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
Marathon Running Done Over Many Yea...
May 21 by John C Hagan III, MD, FACS, FAAOBlank
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Article on Multifocal IOL vs &q...