Aa
A
A
Close

Genetic Disorders Forum

Questions in the Genetics Forum are being answered by medical professionals and experts. This forum is for questions and support regarding a person’s predisposition to a variety of medical conditions such as Ashkenazi Jewish Diseases, Bleeding Disorders, Blood Clotting Disorders, Cancer Genetics and Hereditary Cancer Syndromes, Chromosome Abnormalities, Congenital Birth Defects, Cystic Fibrosis, Family History, Fragile X Syndrome, Infertility, Newborn Screening, Rare Genetic Disorders, Prenatal Screening and Testing.

121 - 140 (of 519) questions
NEWEST
ACTIVE
Can this gene cause males not to be able to have children?
dms89 | Last answer
997549_tn?1316916092
How do men get tested for birth defects that run in their family? Can a blood test show this? Where can he go for testing?
Rdy4Bby3 | Last answer
I'm a 71 yr old male and I"ve been theraputic for 7 yrs on coumadin until april when I developed a blood clot the day after my inr of 2.4. The first doctor described it as acute, 5 days later my hemo doctor said it was chronic. Now as o...
chuckles826 | Posted
Emily was born in 2006 with a few problems and extra/abnormal features: Skin tags on face (one looks like it was going to form another ear) Small ear canal with conductive hearing loss Small eyes Cyst on eye Ears that have not forme...
harper94uk | Last answer
729135_tn?1247499002
I have a genetics dx of Narcolepsy, I do not have cataplexy. My MSLTs say I have Idiopathic Hypersomnia. The genetic panel says positive for HLA-DR2, DR7 and HLA DQ1, and DQ2. It also says that hypersomnolence does not have a genetic ass...
scootermom | Last answer
I am a female 51YO with diagnosed Factor V. I have had 2 hospital documented PEs, 3 doc DVTs, and last month, 2 weeks after surgery the IVC filter caught a clot. (I knew I was having a dvt at the time but did not want to go into the ho...
Dee610 | Last answer
My wife is my first cousin, i have very bright twin boys, 5 year old having Grebe’s Syndrome (http://www10.brinkster.com/gkfaisal/grebe.htm) my genetic counselor told me there is a 25% chance of Grebe’s Syndrome in the next birth, she...
gkfaisal | Last answer
DNA
How is a DNA test effective? Can my blood brother have the same DNA as my father and myself ?
leeny1958 | Last answer
I'm 20 yearrs old and have irregular menses from the begining of these cycles. Earlier i used to skip periods for months but since last six months there's a sudden change to my cycles. For 1 month i bleed heavily and 1 month my periods a...
miss_savy | Last answer
Could my granddaughters diagnosis of MTHFR come down thru the family due to my fathers rare blood disease of Waldenstromacroglobulanmeia? I don't know what type of mthfr she has. What natural supplements and vitamins can we use for her?
stargazerm43 | Last answer
If you are looking for a comprehensive web site on DiGeorge syndrome-VCFS-22Q11 Deletions I've got one for you! Forums, groups, info. chat.... www.elijahslegacy.ning.com/
grammie18 | Last answer
?
Could gene therapy be a solution to my condition down the line? HISTORY: Forty-nine-year old male w/ neck pain TECHNIQUE: Sagittal T1, T2, as well as STIR sequences were obtained, as well as T1 and T2 weighted axial sequences. Sagi...
TommyTurbo | Posted
What are the symptoms for hemoglobin koln and swine flu?
allysa27 | Posted
Im wondering what relation my father's cousin (my grandfather's brother's son) would be to me...?? And would there be any problems later on down the track when we get married and decide to have children???
miss_huggable | Last answer
I am 23 weeks along with our Trisomy 13 baby girl, confirmed by an amnio. The genetic counselor showed us some odds from a book that was older and suggested looking on the internet for more current statistics. As we understood her, the o...
krobinsd | Last answer
For years, I've had pain & fatigue, & symptoms of twitches from my torso down, pain in my right arm & hand, numb feet while running, uncontrollable toe-spreading, horrible nighttime nerve pain that makes it nearly impossible to sleep, &...
stevewend | Last answer
My daughter wants to join the navy but her Factor 5 Leiden syndrome has caused them to refuse her entry. We are allowed to appeal with letters from specalists etc.....she has been told she has one gene and was passed to her threw her fa...
kezzakirra | Last answer
I posted an earlier question regarding Wilsons Disease That was not the answer I was looking for. I know all of that. I would like to know if the Wilson's Disease has or had anything to do with me being Bipolar? Thank you
Gina312 | Last answer
I had Wilson's Disease and was transplanted in 1997. I have been diagnosed with Bipolor II and borderline personality disorder. Would all of these be related?
Gina312 | Last answer
I am 25 years old and am being treated for osteoarthritis (fingers, knees, elbows and toes) and mild fibromyalgia. A friend of mine told me about the hypermobility type of EDS. I do have loose ankles that like to give out on me, flat fee...
Rockies213 | Last answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now