Genetic Disorders Expert Forum
About This Forum:

Questions in the Genetics Forum are being answered by medical professionals and experts. This forum is for questions and support regarding a person’s predisposition to a variety of medical conditions such as Ashkenazi Jewish Diseases, Bleeding Disorders, Blood Clotting Disorders, Cancer Genetics and Hereditary Cancer Syndromes, Chromosome Abnormalities, Congenital Birth Defects, Cystic Fibrosis, Family History, Fragile X Syndrome, Infertility, Newborn Screening, Rare Genetic Disorders, Prenatal Screening and Testing.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Sort by:
Last Post
Date Started
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
By Denised58 Blank
My 18 year old daughter just had a dermatology check up (dad has melanoma). They called to discuss the fact she has 1...
By knhwvhjchomh Blank
I found out that I have two copies of C677T and MTHFR mutation in 2005 when I was pregnant with my daughter. I also ...
sdestepApr 06, 2011
curious1995Jul 22, 2009
By curious1995 Blank
I have just been diagnosed with MTHFR A1298C Homozygus. The doctor has put me on folic acid and 1 baby aspirin a day...
By curious1995 Blank
I have just been diagnosed with MTHFR A1298C Homozygus by curious1995, Jul 15, 2009 09:50PM I have just been diagno...
n36Dec 12, 2010
By GRISEL410 Blank
Hi, my name is Grisel. I am a healthy 42 years old woman, with no children. I lost two pregnancies one last year, t...
395787_tn?1298432387
By marialou Blank
my 14 yr old daughter has a rare genetic syndrome goldberg and shprintzen with many complications.she has always had ...
By Don111 Blank
Is MS and MND connected in anyway? My Uncle is in the later stages of MND and my brother two years ago found out he h...
By mlm687 Blank
Are oral contraceptives a safe birth control choice for someone with Marfan Syndrome, since the pill has many heart-r...
By dimpleb Blank
What research is available on recommendations for not allowing pregnancy to extend past 40 weeks?
793901_tn?1237171747
By Pattykakes Blank
I was diagnosied with DCIS the first part of this year. There has been several different types of cancer in my family...
By gmthrsusan Blank
My granddaughter's first baby was still born two weeks before his due date. The doctors and pathologist said they had...
By clairepascoe Blank
I HAVE BRAC2 GENE BUT MY DAUGHTER HAS NOT BEEN TESTED YET AS SHE IS ONLY 13 YEARS OLD BUT I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW IF S...
186737_tn?1269888260
By sofa weight Blank
What are the recommended tests for monitoring hart and aorta in patients with EDS? I have either classical or hypermo...
186737_tn?1269888260
By sofa weight Blank
My second post today... In addition to the monitoring of heart and aorta, I would like to know if there is any recomm...
By CheeseDaWon4U Blank
i have had a cancerous brain tumor and the doctors said they didn't know what from that it just grew with me, and i d...
BurendenFeb 01, 2011
By cherc21 Blank
I'm just been diagnosed as an alpha thalassemia minor. I have always been slightly anaemic (around 10.5-11.5) and as ...
By jessielovesguessx Blank
Hi :) I guess this is a weird question coming from a 15 year old, but is it possible to have a chromosomal disorde...
By Mack4444 Blank
I am 5 foot 6 inches tall. My husband is 6 foot 2 inches tall. My daughter is 14 years old. She is currently 5 fo...
By travrust Blank
My 1 yr old grandson has recently been diagnosed with the rare blood disorder, factor v defiency, Owren's disease. Wo...
By caz62 Blank
Please help. My mum died suddenly last year of a sudden arrythmia. I'm so worried that this is herediatry. I had my h...
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Cannabis Article from NORTH Mag...
Jul 20 by John C Hagan III, MD, FACS, FAAOBlank
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank