Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

i am negative with Weastern after False positive elisa test

I had oral sex with my GF, before 1 year.6 months L, I applied HIV ELISA1, 2, all were negative.(god blessing)
I had again with same my GR Oral sex only and it was for few mints in my car. I got sacred this time I took my GR after 3 weeks for HIV test result NEGATIVE,  
After 3 weeks I donated blood after 5 weeks of My oral sex, they told me that you have antibodies, and they told me their system is very sensitive(I did't know does it mean) then they told me they will send it to Western blot test (again I did not know)Anyway resulted negative, I do not have HIV.
After total 8 weeks, I just recovered from flu, I went to do anther test. I got ELISA TEST after 2 hrs I came; the clinic's lab staff said you can come after 2 hrs because our system now is broken down. I came after 2 hours the result was positive. The clinic told it might False positive hiv. Again they told me we will send it for western blot test as a policy of ministry of health in my country (Oman+ 1300 HIV causes, 2001 + mostly from drugs)
And the doctor advised me to do it in anther lab. Directly I went to anther clinic for ELISA 1, 2 after 2 hrs the result NEGATIVE for HIV.
after 5 days( nearly 9 weeks), I went ministry the result backed to NEGATIVE again and they told me now you are HIV Negative,.
TO SENIRIO.
1-5 weeks donat bl. v+ = we. neg.
2-8 weeks: 1 ELISA + &  ELISA 1, 2 negative.
3-8 weeks & 5 dS (C T 9 weeks) wes b t NEGATIVE.

5 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
i need your help.in my country,the most common type of  hiv testing availiable is the Hiv rapid test.i got tested and it came out positive but my partner got a negative result which dosen't make sense because we'v only been with each other and in the last 12 months we'v had unprotected sex.is it possible that it could be a false positive.at the time of my test i was suffering from a sore throat and a flu.am stil looking for another hospital that can offer another test,hopefully the western blot because it's hard to believe how i could have gotten exposed.what other types of tests can you recommend cause am really scared and i'l pay wwhatever it costs.
Helpful - 0
239123 tn?1267647614
MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL
Duplicate information.  It does not change my advice.
Helpful - 0

Conclusion of the text:

1- 5 weeks blood donate  (littel more antibodies) but negative with WEASTERN blot test

2- 8 weeks: 1 - ELISA TEST positive,  = but  same day in anther clinic ELISA 1, 2 negative.

3-After 8 weeks and 5 days (nearly 9 weeks) Western blot test NEGATIVE.

I know it is long scenario, but
Helpful - 0
Dr.

of course dr realy i reliy on them as well on you.

so 9 weeks of Weastern blot test is certain.

thanks Dr. hh
Helpful - 0
239123 tn?1267647614
MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL
The Western blot always tells the truth.  You had a false positive ELISA and you don't have HIV.  I am less expert in this area than most laboratories that provide HIV testing.  But since they and I are in agreement, you can be totally certain you aren't infected.

Good luck--  HHH, MD
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the HIV - Prevention Forum

Popular Resources
Condoms are the most effective way to prevent HIV and STDs.
PrEP is used by people with high risk to prevent HIV infection.
Can I get HIV from surfaces, like toilet seats?
Can you get HIV from casual contact, like hugging?
Frequency of HIV testing depends on your risk.
Post-exposure prophylaxis (PEP) may help prevent HIV infection.