Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Continuing Symptoms of ARS

Doc, First thank you very much for you time and efforts.
I first wrote 9 weeks ago with a possible exposure from a sex worker in Dubai, it was vaginal and oral and unprotected for about an hour.  I had loose stool starting at week two and my wife suffered hives within three days of my exposure.  She since around week three developed a facial rash and severe itching around her arms and face.  She and her Dr. attributed it to allergies. Neither of us had a fever or swollen lymphs.  I had one red bump on each fore arm and one needle size red spot on each fore arm around week 5 or 6.  She has been having small bouts of eczema on her legs and back. (normal for her back).  My stomach problem continue on and off even now after 9 weeks and her face still has bumps from time to time and itches.  I had a Home Access test at four weeks, negative and at 6 weeks negative. I know that you and Mass consider 6 weeks nearly conclusive but I'm still having issues and so is she. I also have had a white tongue and what looks like swollen taste buds and dehydration. I gargled with Listerine three times a day until the lining of my jaws started to peel. I've been smoking like crazy and taking tylenol pm every night. I have too or I do not sleep.  I lost 9 pounds during the first three weeks but have regained 5. I plan to test again at 12 weeks as soon as the test arrive from the states.  Meanwhile your honest assesment would be greatly appreciated.
7 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Dr. HHH.

Thank you very much for the info and confidence you provided. I tested at 12.5 weeks, 87 days and was NEGATIVE HIV1/2.  I have learned alot and truly respect your sacrifice, efforts and expertise.  I am extremely happy but will not celebrate.  I will reserve my cheer for cure or at least until this horrible disease is downgraded to a chronic illness.  God bless you..and those you love.
Helpful - 0
I could not find a place.   You will need to order a test from the internet or have a friend send you one.  Make sure it is a hiv1 and 2.
Helpful - 0
Dear  all ,

Can any one help me wher could i get my std test done privately and confidently in dubai. guys  please help.

Helpful - 0
Thanks Doctor, I just have to find the right HIV1/2 test to take as none are FDA approved.  I want a test that will be trustworthy accurate and conclusive so that I can move on and tackle the recurrent loose stool issue.
Helpful - 0
239123 tn?1267647614
MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL
I don't know the data for HIV-2 in the Middle East but I suspect it isn't an issue.  Symptoms are identical for HIV-1 and -2.  You don't have HIV of either type.
Helpful - 0
Thank you for your quick response.  I neglected to add that after I tested at 4 and 6 weeks I realized that the test was Home Access which meant that they only were testing for HIV1 and I'm in the Middle East.  I feel better about HIV1 but am now concerned about HIV2. Is it possible that I have HIV2 and the test missed it?  Are our symptoms indicative of infection for HIV2?  What mail test would you recommend as testing locally is out of the question for diplomatic reasons.  Thanks again I will have no further follow ups on this thread.
Helpful - 0
239123 tn?1267647614
MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL
Your test results show your symptoms are not due to HIV, and the symptoms don't sound like ARS anyway.  Re-test again at 12 weeks if you wish, but more important, be frank with your health care provider and follow his or her advice about finding out what the real problem is.

Good lu ck--  HHH, MD
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the HIV - Prevention Forum

Popular Resources
Condoms are the most effective way to prevent HIV and STDs.
PrEP is used by people with high risk to prevent HIV infection.
Can I get HIV from surfaces, like toilet seats?
Can you get HIV from casual contact, like hugging?
Frequency of HIV testing depends on your risk.
Post-exposure prophylaxis (PEP) may help prevent HIV infection.