Aa
A
A
A
Close

cant get out of my head

Dear doctor,
            excellent site .
11 weeks ago i received unprotected oral from a bar girl in asia lasting only 2-3 mins no visible cuts or blood .
nothing else
since then i have had the flu like every one else which lasted 3 days.i am fine now.
i was was tested for antibodies at 2 weeks and again recently at 10 weeks both tests have been negative thankfully.

the worry i have now is that i have a rash on my body, buttocks back of legs, thighs and calves and on my forearms.

the rash looks like large flat pimples with drying skin on top some a little raised itchy sometimes.
apart from that i am very healthy.
i have had similar rash before some years ago.

I have been taking tramadol for some 6-7 weeks for tennis elbow and i am now concered is the rash a allergic reation to the tramadol or is it somthing else? this is the first time i have used tramadol.
you can appreciate my anxiety as the events are coincidently so close.
My question is if had the rash at 10weeks when i was tested would the negative result rule out any link to hiv.
If so my guess would be i am allergic to tramadol.
by the way i have stopped using this pain killer.

your advise to this symptom considering my exposure and testing would be appreciated.

regards,

downunder2
9 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Thankyou,
         doctor for your expert opinion i believe i can close this now!
your site is of great benefit to many who need real advice from someone who has daily contact with the real life statistics.

if everyone first became aware of your site, your qualifications,
and your many, many years of actual patient diagnosis before they started surfing the net i think there would be alot less stress.

keep up the good work.

DOWNUNDER2

Helpful - 0
239123 tn?1267647614
MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL
See my reply 2 weeks ago:  "...your test results exclude HIV as a possibility for your rash."  You do not need retesting.

HHH, MD
Helpful - 0
dear doctor,
   as stated i was tested negative at 10 weeks.
at the time i had a spottet red rash all over my body!with dry skin like dermititis.
you assured me that the negative test meant that the two were not related ( the rash i mean) as it would have shown at 10 weeks.

now the rash is still there two weeks later!and a bit worse

apart from that i am healthy

would it be possible that the connection between the two my blood test and the rash be delayed for two weeks!

do i need retesting??

sorry for the trouble just cant get it out of  my head!

downder2
Helpful - 0
239123 tn?1267647614
MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL
Indeed, I meant to mention that your test results exclude HIV as a possibility for your rash.

HHH, MD
Helpful - 0
Doctor,
      thankyou for your response,The fact that the antibody test was negative at 10 weeks whilst the rash was active i believed was encouraging, also the added fact that i have learnt from your forum that my risk of transmission was very low.
your confirmation was appreciated.

regards,

Downunder2
Helpful - 0
Again doctor,
     thankyou for your response and clarification on this point.
regards,

Downunder2

Helpful - 0
The doctor will tell you there is no way you have HIV.  Insertive oral is no risk.  These days, 10 weeks is as close to 100 percent as you can get.  In fact there was no need to even test after this exposure.  Good luck to you and try to remember that symptoms mean NOTHING.
Helpful - 0
It is not HIV related. No fever with the rash, no risk event and a negative 10 week test.
Helpful - 0
239123 tn?1267647614
MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL
Given the essentially zero risk of the exposure you describe, whatever is going on isn't HIV or any STD acquired at that time.  Further the description doesn't suggest HIV or any STD.  From your description, your own suspicion of allergy seems possible, but this is not my area of expertise--and in any case I cannot try to make any specific diagnosis by verbal description.  You need to see a health care provider about it.

Best wishes--  HHH, MD
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the HIV - Prevention Forum

Popular Resources
Condoms are the most effective way to prevent HIV and STDs.
PrEP is used by people with high risk to prevent HIV infection.
Can I get HIV from surfaces, like toilet seats?
Can you get HIV from casual contact, like hugging?
Frequency of HIV testing depends on your risk.
Post-exposure prophylaxis (PEP) may help prevent HIV infection.