Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Worried and should i retest

Dear Doctor,

Thank you for attending to my question. This is what happen to me, i went for a massage on 9th Feb, 2007. Early stage she offer me intercourse and i rejected and asking for massage only, halfway the massage i fall sleep and suddently i feel she is grabing my penis and i see she is try to use my penis to rub on her naked vagina. i wake up and quickly push her away. For sure i didn't know is HIV status and not sure is there any vagina fluid stick around her vagina during that rubbing and is there any vagina fluid go into my penis. I was so depress and scare of HIV infection after that incident. exactly 5 week later i went for a HIV Elisa antibody test and come out negative. after few day that depression start bodering me again when i read some article on the web regarding the HIV test. some say need 4-6 week, some say after 6 week and some say 3 month and even 6 month to get a definate result. I am totally lost now and this issue has been bodering me almost 2 weeks already. So Doctor please advise. The followings are my question

1. Do you think i will get HIV infection from that short time of touching within penis and vagina if the vagina fluid present?

2. What is your opinion on my 5 week negative test result ? Do i need retest and Which window frame of time should i follow.

Thank you so much for answering my question  
3 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
239123 tn?1267647614
MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL
Since you couldn't have been HIV infected by the exposure you describe, these questions are irrelevant to your health, and I don't have time to respond to questions that are irrelevant to particular persons' situations.  The provider who did your HIV test can answer these questions; or call your local health department; or feel free to post your questions on the HIV Support forum.
Helpful - 0
Dear Doctor,
Thank you for your respond and i have read most of the Q&A in this forum and for knowledge i have few question after browsing this forum,

1. What make late soroconvertion ? patient health ? The virus itself or anyother factor?

2. our lab here are using 3rd generation of ELISA for HIV testing, is this consider as modern test kit and the 6 week window period is still applicable for the test kit ?

3. When HIV patient develope symptom, is that mean the HIV antibody is detectable?

4. Since vagina fluid transmitte HIV why there is no risk for the penis vagina rubbing thing when the vagina fluid present?

I feel so sorry if doctor find this questions sound useless if possible please answer and help. I am 34 years old man with a very conservative sex life and in our place hardly can find more information about hiv and this is the first time in my life that have this experience and really freak me out. Thank you very much.
Helpful - 0
239123 tn?1267647614
MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL
Sigh.  You haven't done your homework: people who post questions on this forum are asked to read the forum first. The identical questions have been asked and answered repeatedly.  Use the search link to look for 'HIV transmission risk' and 'time to positive HIV test'; or just look at any 10-15 questions chosen at random and you'll probably find the answers.

1) Nobody in the world ever got HIV from the kind of exposure you describe.

2) 5 weeks is plenty of time, especially when somebody didn't need testing at all, like you.  But I always tell nervous people to get tested later if it will help them get over their anxieties.

No follow-up questions or discussion. I won't have anything more to say.

HHH, MD
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the HIV - Prevention Forum

Popular Resources
Condoms are the most effective way to prevent HIV and STDs.
PrEP is used by people with high risk to prevent HIV infection.
Can I get HIV from surfaces, like toilet seats?
Can you get HIV from casual contact, like hugging?
Frequency of HIV testing depends on your risk.
Post-exposure prophylaxis (PEP) may help prevent HIV infection.